What am I missing?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Ok, so the walls look a bit on the thin side to me, and obviously it doesn't take National frames (I think it's Dadant?), but I feel that I must be missing something obvious that means this nuc box is so cheap. What is it?

James

Did you get as far as form filling? You can't place an order, just request a quotation. I'm curious to see what the delivery charge is - and if they'll sell to non EU.

But no, it's not obvious tho me why it's so cheap.

Walls do look a bit thin - but still more insulating than wood.
Price does sound the "too good to be true" alarm though.
Shame it's not national sized!

It’s Italian! Probably about as much use as their QUEENS.😉

I found the reference to them in the comments of a BMH video interviewing David Wainright that was posted recently. He says he uses them and makes up in the region of one thousand nucs every year, so I'm assuming they can't be that awful.

James

Ok, so the walls look a bit on the thin side to me, and obviously it doesn't take National frames (I think it's Dadant?), but I feel that I must be missing something obvious that means this nuc box is so cheap. What is it?

James
I imagine you could remove those spacer nibs without much trouble and make good.

Latest posts

Back