Well I did it!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonclatt

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I have been on this forum for a while now, reading and absorbing the advice on all aspects of bee keeping, and trying to make the decisions of hives, management, etc., so that if I decided to actually take the next step and get some bee's at least I would have a considered way forward.

So initially I thought I could go on a course, however they were all booked up! By chance, it appears that a friend of mine knew someone that has kept bee's for 20 odd years and keeps 11 hives in an out apiary. We were duly introduced and I have been working with him in the apiary for the last 3 months, and at last it was decided that I had enough experience to start out. So over the last couple of weeks I have built myself a Dartington hive (pics attached). Last weekend the bee's went in :) and apart from a sting right on the end of my nose, all went well.......wey hey!!!! I now keep bee's :)

Last edited:
Well done!!!

I am in the same situation you was at the moment,I have everything set up and ready to go apart from the bees. Might be too late to get them this year now, but hay more time to read books and follow the good advice on this forum!! ;)

Nice Hive!

:cool:

Nice looking hive, Bees are like drugs, once you got them you want more. Have fun with your new addiction

:party:

Nice looking hive, Bees are like drugs, once you got them you want more. Have fun with your new addiction

:party:

:iagree: Lovely hive and good luck with it all :D (don't forget though that like most addictions you will possibly end up spending more than you intended, but unlike a lot of addictions this may make you some of the money spent back :biggrinjester:)

Well done!!!

I am in the same situation you was at the moment,I have everything set up and ready to go apart from the bees. Might be too late to get them this year now, but hay more time to read books and follow the good advice on this forum!! ;)

Nice Hive!

:cool:

Its not too late to get bees, still quite a few people selling them ;)

The hive looks fantastic in its setting and I can see it looks well made, so much more pleasing on the eye than its plastic impostor.

Great job it will be great to see it with bees.

Tom Bick said:
The hive looks fantastic in its setting and I can see it looks well made, so much more pleasing on the eye than its plastic impostor.

:iagree:
Superior workmanship there and what an introduction to beekeeping, sounds perfect.

And if Tom says it looks well made, you can be very pleased with yourself. Praise from the master!

Thank you for the kind words all,

Have been looking forward to this for a while :)....well Raceyboy and beeatshellards, you are right, I am in the process of ordering up the ply for the next one, don't know quite where its gonna go yet, but hey, I'll sort it out once its built. lol

Latest posts

Back