Weald Place Farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know why you think my family will stave or I am dodgy for doing what I think is the right thing. At the end of the day I have let no customers down and my family are happy and safe. Weald farm however have a different reputation here. I am just a beekeeper trying to do the right thing for my friends and family, if you feel you want to defend william, go for it. It is hardly rocket science to ask questions and make you own decisions

Honey paradise will sell direct to anyone. I am sure there will be a significant minimum order size, but what put me off way back when I was in contact with them was incompatibility of the gear with existing patterns. Most other makers stuff can be mix and matched.

It may well be that they route all small orders through their UK outlet.

Hesitate to repeat it as I cannot recall the source and thus cannot vouch for accuracy, but someone in the trade in Europe told me that MB are actually owned by Honey Paradise these days.

Do they not make more than one pattern langstroth if so is it not compatible?

if you feel you want to defend william, go for it. It is hardly rocket science to ask questions and make you own decisions

Nothing to do with defending William,but how do you know when you are dealing with hundreds of different people,often just on the internet,that some of them may be dodgy.....how are you to know.

Your family must be proud of you knowing you would let them starve rather than impinge on your morals.

"Money is not everything." As long as you have a shilling in your pocket.

BBG, you dont need money to stop your family starving. There are many things you can do if you have less money, i grow my own in both my garden, and allotment, i keep chickens for eggs and when they get older they go in the pot(selling surplace eggs to cover chicken food costs) they also provide me great compost. I also do a great deal of forraging, and fishing.

I used to have money and learnt the hard way when i lost it all that i no longer wanted money to rule my life. I feel very privlaged to be able to provide for my family in the most sustainable way i can.

yes i do still use tesco but im very picky at what i buy from them. i have no choice as they have closed almost all the local independent stores in my area.

Im not having a go i just think that we all need to take a step back and maybe take 1 foot off the gravy train that is derailing infront of our eyes, eg greece, italy, spain, maybe the euro, maybe us who knows who will be next.

sorry if this sounds like a rant it wasnt ment to be. i just think there could be a better way forward.

don't know why you think my family will stave or I am dodgy for doing what I think is the right thing. At the end of the day I have let no customers down and my family are happy and safe. Weald farm however have a different reputation here. I am just a beekeeper trying to do the right thing for my friends and family, if you feel you want to defend william, go for it. It is hardly rocket science to ask questions and make you own decisions

I am neither defending nor attacking Weald Farm

Sadly, you are either being very obtuse or not understanding the point I am making - and it is very simple.

dpearce4

You have a garden - this cost money. Somebody paid for it somewhere and now you have it.

Fishing gear, hen-houses, implements, etc all cost money.

I'm talking about if you have nothing. That means nothing except the clothes you stand in, no coat and it's raining, your children are cold, hungry and shivering.

It would appear some beekeepers are remote from life and its rich experiences.

Last edited:
Nobody (well, not many) who read this forum is ever likely (one hopes) to buy anything from this supplier - unless it is a 'cash-on-collection' deal.(note the parentheses).

Selling him an ice cream, or a beehive, for that matter, has little to do with anything else or anybody else.

Getting more polyhives into general usage is the target for any manufacturer and there is nothing wrong with that.

MB, I have found, give generally high quality customer service, whereas some others do not.

So I, for one, will be buying any Paradise Honey items from MB - and not from anywhere else at this present time.

The same could be said of 'Pains' and any of the many others that have supplied items to be retailed by this trader. I am sure that most will be aware of the trading difficulties/customer service issues of this company, and hope that none get their 'fingers burned' with their dealings.

you don't, I have never said otherwise, if however a huge amount of 'evidence / material' is paced in front of you that is 'iffy', do you also 'ignore' it?. I have said the same thing on several posts now. see all prevous posts. You have to accept that people are honest as a starting point (and I always do), if however the is is 'material' that questions that do you ignore it as here? I have repeatly separated the two in the discussion. see post 31, the two are clearly separated.

Last edited:
Obviously the hairdressers and barbers in Essex must read this forum because poor William hasn't been able to get a good haircut for some time.

If William or anyone else came to me and payed me cash for ten tons of honey, i would sell it to them.

:iagree:

Spoken like a true business man. Put your feeling to one side and do the trade. But i know i would not sit down in the pub and have a beer with some of my clients, but i will take there £££ for the good of the business.

how do you know when you are dealing with hundreds of different people,often just on the internet,that some of them may be dodgy.....how are you to know.

Coz i admitted it to you in a PM? :rofl:

Nothing to do with defending William,but how do you know when you are dealing with hundreds of different people,often just on the internet,that some of them may be dodgy.....how are you to know.

Aren't there two distinct questions here -
- what enquiries should you make of potential customers? (Standard business, "can he/will he pay" only.)
- how do handle a potential customer that you know to be 'a bit colourful'? (Standard business, 100% cash up front, cheques cleared before goods dispatched, etc and a sincere hope that some other mug will offer him better terms to get his business and thus the hassle that you just know isn't far beneath the surface ...)

Some sellers may have other considerations ("Do we want to be known as a supplier to Saddam Hussein?") Realistically, most businesses rarely look beyond the credit reference.

ADDED - Most businesses can choose their suppliers, and increasingly will include ethical considerations (no sweat-shop t-shirts, etc). But very, very few (unless required by law) are as fussy about their customers.

Last edited:
("Do we want to be known as a supplier to Saddam Hussein?")

You mean like the British government was?
And with the support of the majority, because we voted them in...lol.

Pot,kettle,black ,,,cold saucepan and all that crap.

Last edited:
Some sellers may have other considerations ("Do we want to be known as a supplier to Saddam Hussein?") Realistically, most businesses rarely look beyond the credit reference.

The long and the short of being in business is that if you don't sell your product to who ever wants it and can pay for it, these people will get what ever it is they are looking for else where, more likely than not they will go to your main competitor. Thus making his company more stronger than yours. What the customer then does with the product is up to them.

MacDonald's would sell very few burgers if they cared about feeding criminals and undesirables. But yet no one (Customer wise) cares that they server these type of people and may even be standing in line with these type pf people

a list would be handy for newbies :)
about to look at ordering from weald for package bees bee-smillie
will look again

Pot,kettle,black ,,,cold saucepan and all that crap.

i know the Pot, Kettle, black but cold saucepan? thats a new one on me anychance you can give me the rest of that saying please hivemaker.

All he will be doing is dropshipping no need to hold stock
take the money from the customer place the order and and pay the supplier and keep 10% simples

Paradise had their own stand at Stoneleigh this year, separate from MB.
If MB have exclusivity it is unlikely Paradise would do this.

a list would be handy for newbies :)
about to look at ordering from weald for package bees bee-smillie
will look again

Yes you will be well advised to look again.

If its bees you are looking for then you will get good recommendations from this forum and few come more highly recommended than Hivemaker.

Latest posts

Back