Weald Place Farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No reason why Paradise wouldn't sell in bulk to WPF if he pays. There is at least 1 bee farmer I know of who buys direct.

Why?

And why would they refuse to sell the hives to William,as long as he pays up front for them.

called ethical trading, I for one am very choosy about who I deal with. Would you happy to buy stuff from countries that do nasty things to their populations? I don't just look at suppliers that sell the cheapest but ones that trade responsibly. I would / do trade with people that do good things, rather than ones that don't, even if it costs me more. That includes suppliers that contribute here for the added good....I hope MB are not involved here.

Last edited:
called ethical trading, I for one am very choosy about who I deal with. Would you happy to buy stuff from countries that do nasty things to their populations? I don't just look at suppliers that sell the cheapest but ones that trade responsibly. I would / do trade with people that do good things, rather than ones that don't, even if it costs me more. I hope MB are not involved here.

If William or anyone else came to me and payed me cash for ten tons of honey, i would sell it to them.

well I would be more fussy with whom I do business with even if it cost me money, at the end of the day money isn't everything

:iagree: (with Hivemaker)

But Will must be swimming in honey by now as he has all those hundreds/thousands of colonies.

... But Will must be swimming in honey by now as he has all those hundreds/thousands of colonies.

Always room for one more.
No, strike that, he is "undergoing" a survey. :hat:
At Weald Place Farm we are undergoing a study of wild colonies and swarms of bees in the UK to try and gauge the health of the wild bee population. So if you are lucky enough to find a swarm of bees, then we would love to give it a new home.

well I would be more fussy with whom I do business with even if it cost me money, at the end of the day money isn't everything

Good job you don't run a major supermarket or any other large buisness then,you would not sell anything most of the time to anyone,ever,you would spend all your time vetting people to see if they met your criteria to sell anything to them.

Good job you don't run a major supermarket or any other large buisness then,you would not sell anything most of the time to anyone,ever,you would spend all your time vetting people to see if they met your criteria to sell anything to them.

no I sleep very soundly knowing I do what I do both privately and professionally. I lead for a major national orgainisation on social responsibility amongst other more technically related things, we make profit reatively easily, however the social aspects of our contracts with major customers to work ethically / responsibly with charities / schools / in the communities are far more difficult to hit as an organisation, which is why I am so valued as this is one of my areas (and of personal interest). We hit those target easily with my 'work' and this makes a difference between regular contacts worth millions or not, not the regular 'technical stuff'. It pays in the long run. Not after the quick buck but the long term commercial relationship built on a grounding you can be proud of. If you want to trade with William, thats fine with me but not everyone will want to go down the same route as you.

no I sleep very soundly knowing I do what I do both privately and professionally. I lead for a major national orgainisation on social responsibility amongst other more technically related things, we make profit reatively easily, however the social aspects of our contracts with major customers to work ethically / responsibly with charities / schools / in the communities are far more difficult to hit as an organisation, which is why I am so valued as this is one of my areas (and of personal interest). We hit those target easily with my 'work' and this makes a difference between regular contacts worth millions or not, not the regular 'technical stuff'. It pays in the long run. Not after the quick buck but the long term commercial relationship built on a grounding you can be proud of. If you want to trade with William, thats fine with me but not everyone will want to go down the same route as you.

I don't trade with William,but i do trade with a lot of people,and if for instance lets say someone phoned up to order a beehive,queen bee,ect from me, and i asked them for their life history,references,if they had a crimminal record,a bad name on a forum,ect, and that before i could post them the goods i would needs lots of imformation about them first ....well is this what you would advise doing.

you run you business how you SEE fit, if you want you want to sell a Queen to Joe bloggs here, fine, if you want you want to sell a Queen to william bloggs who you know has has let a whole pile of beekeepers down due to poor practices, well that is you decision / call. You know the history as well as anyone to ask pertinet / long term questions and decide differently if you feel necessary. You will have to decide do you deal with him and perhaps make some profit (and perhaps loose big time / elsewhere or long term) or not to deal with him. It is down to how you want to run your business. Everyone is different. I would not deal with him and would ask questions if any of my suppliers if they did. Your call, and you will have to live with the profit or loss that may well come with that business. At the end of the day you don't have to ask for a CV but if information was in front of you wouldn't you ask questions to get to the bottom of the issues?

Last edited:

It's easy to be honest with a shilling in your pocket.

it is easy to honest without, honesty costs nothing

No,sorry, but i have no intention of doing an in depth interrogation all of my customers before they buy anything from me,no more than i would expect to be interrogated every time i purchased something.

Honey paradise will sell direct to anyone. I am sure there will be a significant minimum order size, but what put me off way back when I was in contact with them was incompatibility of the gear with existing patterns. Most other makers stuff can be mix and matched.

It may well be that they route all small orders through their UK outlet.

Hesitate to repeat it as I cannot recall the source and thus cannot vouch for accuracy, but someone in the trade in Europe told me that MB are actually owned by Honey Paradise these days.

so are you happy to ignore all the threads here without asking any questions? No one is asking is for in depth interogation of casual business / contacts / pms etc for a simple Queen transaction, but if something 'iffy' is in front of you....don't you ask questions? :eek: We are not talking about 'ordinary' business here are we, we are talking about someone with a very 'grey' past as these forums plainly illustrate. You are free to deal with him or not, regardless of a CV or what you have read here, repeatedy. I would ask questions...

so are you happy to ignore all the threads here without asking any questions? No one is asking is for in depth interogation of casual business / contacts / pms etc for a simple Queen transaction, but if something 'iffy' is in front of you....don't you ask questions? :eek: We are not talking about 'ordinary' business here are we, we are talking about someone with a very 'grey' past as these forums plainly illustrate. You are free to deal with him or not, regardless of a CV or what you have read here, repeatedy. I would ask questions...

I am talking about ordinary buisness,as you can obviously read,and this is what you have also been inferring in some previous posts,not just about William,but all buisness,no matter who you sell to,or who you buy from,big or small.

see my earlier posts, there is no need need to ask for a full CV for any Queens sale / transactions as I have said previously more than once, if you are presented with questionable information / history, I would investigate further and ask questions. I certainly would not be selling him tonnes of honey without knowing more regardless of 'profit'. Money is not everything.

it is easy to honest without, honesty costs nothing

Your family must be proud of you knowing you would let them starve rather than impinge on your morals.

"Money is not everything." As long as you have a shilling in your pocket.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back