Wax Melter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp19sqn

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
32 Colonies and 18 Nucs
Just thought I would share a discovery with you, I know some might not agree with me posting this but it is a great time saver. I just bought the large stainless steel steam wax melter from T#$%^es.

I put in manky grubby old frames and set it to work and I was just not prepared for how clean the wax came out, straight into a mould. It will save so much time which I was wasting boiling and filtering; it will now allow me to get on with better jobs.

If you are intending to rotate out a wax comb each week from multiple hives in the main season, I can recommend this piece of kit. I am very impressed with it and I have calculated that for me it will pay for itself inside a year. I think it is worth the consideration of any beekeeper with 6 or more colonies.

I nave one of these, they are a good bit of kit. it takes a while to get up to temp but once up to temp. it melts well. just keep a eye on the water level.

i have a wall paper stripper steamer £30 from tool station and a chamber, £10 .
your way is the best way but i am a cheap skate

Have you a video on YT of it Pete?

I made a solar extractor from a polystyrene fish box. Free. I don't render the dark wax, just cut and dump, but the rest - got 5lb clean this year. Then got 1/2lb pure cappings wax..
I know it is smaller quantities, but my profit margin is much better!

I made a solar extractor from a polystyrene fish box. Free. I don't render the dark wax, just cut and dump, but the rest - got 5lb clean this year. Then got 1/2lb pure cappings wax..
I know it is smaller quantities, but my profit margin is much better!

Don't cut and dump. Old comb makes excellent firelighters!

My woodburner stove gets lit with my flame thrower! Dont fancy cleaning out the grate of any drips.

I do same as Pete. A steamer on a 14x12 seconds brood box. Works really well. Steamers were cheap in Argos;-) Did try on an 8 frame modded nuc which did work really well but the box wouldn't last.

Back