Waspsnot in Cornwall this year YET

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We spotted and zapped a couple of Q wasps 2 months ago. No sign of any since in this part of Devon

Tim.

Found one small nest, it is no more! More worryingly, where are all the butterflies ???

I came in hoping to find out what wasp snot was :eek::laughing-smiley-014

ps not in cornwall but closeish :), not seen any in my garden

its what knockkers collect at night time especially around bude
ps they use it for torches down the mines !!!!

its what knockkers collect at night time especially around bude
ps they use it for torches down the mines !!!!

ah, not wasp honey then, you know, bee-sick vs wasp snot :D

no joan has all the wasp honey

Did you know that wasps do actually produce small amounts of honey only it is a crystalline solid. Can't say that I know anyone who has ever tried it though. :0)

Tons of wasps in our part of East Devon, so I think we've got all yours. I'll send some down your way if you want? :p We didn't have a wasp problem last year, but this year seems very busy!

We killed most of the queen wasps during a hot spell in March this year and since then, have not seen any until two weeks ago. Numbers now increasing again.

Hi all

killed a lot of queen wasps in spring, only seen a couple of workers so far, my traps are out just in case.:party:

killed, and know people who killed a total of 18 queen wasps this spiring. Saw 1 about 2 months ago (worker), none since. And I'm in Cornwall:.)

Latest posts

Back