Waspsnot in Cornwall this year YET

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone asked me the other day if wasps make honey and I had no idea. I now know - thanks Karol not worthy

The strange thing is is that there's no apparent rationale for wasps to produce their crystalline honey. Wasp colonies don't overwinter so it's not as though they need stores to see them through. It's very strange!

I try not to kill wasps as colonies can normally deal with them :ack2: better than me but did note a few nosing around when removing first lot of supers last week. Have a lot more supers to remove over coming weeks and anticipate there will be more of the little devils around.
All the best
S

Me thinks you have your work cut out then? we aquired our own spinner this year off E-b!! but when it arrived it smells like sump oil nice and shinny though? only have 9 hives but hive one needs a forth super this weekend Good Girls

Me thinks you have your work cut out then? we aquired our own spinner this year off E-b!! but when it arrived it smells like sump oil nice and shinny though? only have 9 hives but hive one needs a forth super this weekend Good Girls
Yes thank goodness, most are filling a super a week and a real flow on at present. I think with the dreadful weather it has taken them this long to build up to full strength but nice to see them working hard.
Exxy can be very good for kit but you do have to be careful, hopefully it all cleaned out okay ?
All the best
S

Latest posts

Back