Wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgeordie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Todays Top Tip. Probably.

Went to a National Trust garden today and decided to have an overpriced cup of coffee before heading home, as you do. As I sat down I glanced up and saw bag of water containing 2p suspended above my head. After a quick check for a prankster with a pin I noticed several other bags also suspended around the café. It turns out they were being used as a fly / wasp repellent.

So there you have it - no need for any expensive Waspbane nonsense - just get yourself a bag of water and tuppence. Sorted.

Went to a National Trust garden today and decided to have an overpriced cup of coffee before heading home, as you do. As I sat down I glanced up and saw bag of water containing 2p suspended above my head. After a quick check for a prankster with a pin I noticed several other bags also suspended around the café. It turns out they were being used as a fly / wasp repellent.

So there you have it - no need for any expensive Waspbane nonsense - just get yourself a bag of water and tuppence. Sorted.

Did you see any flies/wasps?

Any goldfish in them?

How does that deter them then?

Back