wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest396

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi
Bees flying well today

Last edited:
Hi
Bees flying well today
I have a lot of wasps around the hive and some try to go in
Should I reduce the entrance to the smallest size ?
Thanks David

We're in the beginners section here aren't we?

YES!

Well done guys, another new member who has requested their account to be removed within 24 hours of joining....

He'd already been shouted at and shot down by Martin, Millet, not your fault as far as I can see.

I will be genuinely sick if i give the wrong message to the new member,i have had bad problems with wasps in the past so i know how nerve wrecking it can be, i hope He/She comes back and that Martin crank gets binned from the beginners place.

It's a shame. As a fairly new beek myself, I've asked obvious questions and been given civil responses here in the beginners' section. Why can't people recognise that?

I have over the past four years read the articles on the forum with great interest and enhanced my understanding greatly from the questions raised and the answers provided. There are some very clever and innovative people whose expertise is to be admired. Sadly some of these people appear to have forgotten what it was like to be unsure and have little tolerance for new beekeepers who should have done this or that before contemplating keeping bees. The average age of beekeepers in the UK is said to be 66, so surely we need new young and enthusiastic people to continue the legacy. I am sure it is great when you know it all to demonstrate that knowledge but so often we have lengthy debates ( or are they I know best squabbles) between our venerable sages, but then the short sharp retort like an old dog to an errant puppy, to the new beekeeper. I think many newbies read the forum but are put off asking questions for fear of being thought stupid or ridiculed by the few. As I say this is a wonderful forum, but if you fit the bill as being a cantankerous old die hard with no patience, then perhaps it is time to stop posting replies in the beginners section and perhaps admin could create a "Let's have a row" section for those who really don't want to help but just want to reinforce that their opinion is better than a similarly minded bigot. Sorry about the rant, but it is like drivers who are impatient with Learner drivers, we were all at that stage once so patience and support are what is needed. Rant over!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have over the past four years read the articles on the forum with great interest and enhanced my understanding greatly from the questions raised and the answers provided. There are some very clever and innovative people whose expertise is to be admired. Sadly some of these people appear to have forgotten what it was like to be unsure and have little tolerance for new beekeepers who should have done this or that before contemplating keeping bees. The average age of beekeepers in the UK is said to be 66, so surely we need new young and enthusiastic people to continue the legacy. I am sure it is great when you know it all to demonstrate that knowledge but so often we have lengthy debates ( or are they I know best squabbles) between our venerable sages, but then the short sharp retort like an old dog to an errant puppy, to the new beekeeper. I think many newbies read the forum but are put off asking questions for fear of being thought stupid or ridiculed by the few. As I say this is a wonderful forum, but if you fit the bill as being a cantankerous old die hard with no patience, then perhaps it is time to stop posting replies in the beginners section and perhaps admin could create a "Let's have a row" section for those who really don't want to help but just want to reinforce that their opinion is better than a similarly minded bigot. Sorry about the rant, but it is like drivers who are impatient with Learner drivers, we were all at that stage once so patience and support are what is needed. Rant over!!!

Some people should just be banned..

I have never really agreed with banning people in any area of life really. I feel that it just adds to their view of being superior. What is needed is sufficient people to challenge these negative attitudes in a public manner, so that the offending party either removes themselves from the spotlight or modifies their behaviour. Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but where others don't agree, then show respect not ridicule and just say sorry I can't agree. I think there are some regulars on here who do just that in a pleasant and constructive way from which no offence can be taken, but sadly a very small minority just come across as belligerent and offensive and need challenging.

Use the ignore button
Life's too short!

This is why you never see me post. I read the forum everyday but never comment. There is 6 excellent very knowledgable beekeeper who impart practable advice. They have helped me to enjoy my hobby. Thank you.

Your experiences and views are as important as any other and your question may be one someone elsewhere is wondering about. Please do not be anxious about getting involved, new blood, new questions and shared experiences can only enhance the forum.

... i hope He/She comes back and that Martin crank gets binned from the beginners place.

Now now, we're in the beginners section. :calmdown:

You must be nice to all!

David asked, should he reduce the entrance to its smallest size ?

My reply was a very urgent, YES!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back