Queen Wasps?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon.21

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi.
I recently moved some wood and found these in between the planks. Not dead as they were moving very slowly. Are these queen wasps as not come across queen wasps before ?
IMG_2946.jpegIMG_2945.jpeg

I've found a few rather too late this winter, but if they will hide in flower pots and suchlike :(

James
Whatever you do don't get stung by one. Loads worse than a bee or worker wasp, or at least mine was!

My neighbour donned a pair of gardening gloves in the Spring and was stung by a queen wasp that had over wintered in the thumb section. Her hand was a mess for quite some time. Probably multiple stings.

My neighbour donned a pair of gardening gloves in the Spring and was stung by a queen wasp that had over wintered in the thumb section. Her hand was a mess for quite some time. Probably multiple stings.
Mine was similar, a long cushion for an outside lounger. It was folded in half with the queen just where I put my hand in the fold of the cushion. My whole arm went solid and twice the size, had a trip to the doctor's but he was right when he said I just had to let it go down. Took a good week to be able to bend my elbow again.

Thanks all. Not found any before so wanted to confirm they weren’t workers that were half dead 🤣💦

Latest posts

Back