Warming Cabinet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markm2284

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does anyone happen to have plans to build a warming cabinet which holds 2 30lb buckets? I dont have a used fridge at my disposal and certainly dont have the funds to buy one. Any help much appreciated

Last edited:
Hell of a fan oven. Mine would'nt be able to take the 55lb tub I emptied yesterday. :)

Thats exactly what i am looking for. I havent got a clue about electrics, how did you connect the one cable to the 2 light fittings??? can you post a picture of your connection?? thanks again

Just a quick question for those who have warming cabinets.

Does yours suffer with condensation?

cab1a.jpg

(Turned on its side in the picture)
The floor, walls and the roof have been lined with 50mm kingspan, it reaches 55'C top end. It is thermostat controlled to with 0.5'C but after being used for 24+ hours plus its soaking wet inside. I was planing to put in a couple of 10mm holes just under the roof with a section of tube inserted and bend downwards on the outside so the moisture rich warm air could escape out through the tubes condense and drip outside but I'm not sure if it work. ???

Thats exactly what i am looking for. I havent got a clue about electrics, how did you connect the one cable to the 2 light fittings??? can you post a picture of your connection?? thanks again

the 2 bulbs are connected in parallel as the diagram below.

Yes, I have had this occasionally.

Adam

thanks for that, how do you connect the light fittings to one power cable?

As in my previous post, shown in the diagram.

connect the live to one of the terminals on one of the bulb holders, then with another length of cable link it to a terminal on the other bulb holder.
Do the same for the neutral side.

If that isn't clear, may i suggest you get someone to do it for you.

???

To me this would suggest a cold area in the cabinet with not enough air circulation. ?Void in insulation ? box too small? needs a small fan?

Mine is an old upright freezer - free from local recycling company ( motor not worth repair), holds two 30 lbs buckets easily, 60 (x2 if needed) watt bulb and light dimmer switch ( as from post from hedgerow Pete). Never a drop of condensation.

As you can see from the picture its big enough to take two national supers. I wondered if some of the problem was to do with the fact the honey I had last year when checked was at 20%.

Anyway its been sold now and the new owner has used it multiple times without any issues. I think I will go with an old fridge from the dump and fit it with a bulb and dimmer switch.

hi where did you get your honey buckets from?

Latest posts

Back