• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***Wanted*** Colony (or two) South Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peelman

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi
Starting back beekeeping this year and looking to pick up one or a couple of health colony's to start me back off.
Willing to travel the whole of South Wales, Gloucestershire, Mid Wales if the price is right.
Message me here if you have any leads or colony's yourself
Cheers

Can't tell you yet for sure but will keep you in mind. More likely to be a swarm. Depends on local losses.
E

You could try Chris B,(on here) He's based in Worcestershire. Maybe a little further than you want but he does really good nuc's and packages.

You could try Chris B,(on here) He's based in Worcestershire. Maybe a little further than you want but he does really good nuc's and packages.

Chris B ok. I'll look him up. Is he a commercial supplier? Website?
Cheers

Or you could go to one of the auctions down West, Pembrokeshire BKA hold one at Withybush airfield and there's always a fair selection of colonies there, and Teifiside have an auction usually the week after.

Chris B posts on here regularly. Yes, he's a commercial and raises some nucs/packages every year.

I've also heard there's some wild man down in the Westest of England, lives in isolation on some craggy moor - said to breed a rather good queen when he's not staring (or howling) at the moon :D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the PM's and replies! Lots of leads there for me to chase up..
Cheers!

Or you could go to one of the auctions down West, Pembrokeshire BKA hold one at Withybush airfield and there's always a fair selection of colonies there, and Teifiside have an auction usually the week after.

Chris B posts on here regularly. Yes, he's a commercial and raises some nucs/packages every year.

I've also heard there's some wild man down in the Westest of England, lives in isolation on some craggy moor - said to breed a rather good queen when he's not staring (or howling) at the moon :D

I do love an auction !
When do they hold them?

I do love an auction !
When do they hold them?

PBKA Sat May 3rd at the county showground withybush airfield (Haverfordwest)
TBKA Sat May 10th at Coedybryn village hall (just North of Newcastle Emlyn)

viewing from 10am auctions starts at midday for both of them IIRC

Last edited:
PBKA Sat May 3rd at the county showground withybush airfield (Haverfordwest)
TBKA Sat May 10th at Coedybryn village hall (just North of Newcastle Emlyn)

viewing from 10am auctions starts at midday for both of them IIRC

Oooh Oooh Oooh! just realised I'll be back from Africa by then! hope SWMBO hasn't got a romantic welcome home weekend planned - if so she can start without me!! (nothing new there then before anyone comments!)

Oooh Oooh Oooh! just realised I'll be back from Africa by then! hope SWMBO hasn't got a romantic welcome home weekend planned - if so she can start without me!! (nothing new there then before anyone comments!)

You'll have to say shw'mae this time Jenkins.

Latest posts

Back