VSH Carnica

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So,your claim to be a researcher is false. At best, you are a retired researcher. There is no shame in this but I do wish that you wouldn't keep reminding us how well qualified you are.

Oh dear...

What is false? What competence you have to evaluate my skills or nominate me?

What do you mean that age is not shame? Who can select his age ? You are an odd Person B.

I know that there are "age discrimination law" in Britain, but I could not believe that it is so popular fun in Great Britain!

Last edited:
In our country academic education is more valuated.

There are lots of educated people on this forum. Try to remember that and treat them with the respect they deserve and you may find that you are respected too.
I had hoped that things would be different after I had a break. I can see that nothing has changed here.

Some of you may be interested in this. It is part of a presentation given by Dr Buchler in Mayen (Germany) recently. It summarises the way brood is investigated to determine if the VSH trait is expressed.

Attachments

• 9-09-büchler.jpg
    9-09-büchler.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 28
That's very interesting. Thanks B+
Would LASI be doing that do you think?

The workers produced by queens that are selected for VSH testing will already express hygienic behaviour at a very high level. They will also have breeding values well above 100% for other desirable traits.
I have no idea what LASI are doing.
I received a huge zipped file from Prof Brascamp a couple of days ago. I am slowly working my way through it (a lot of it is in German) as preparation for the Dutch meeting in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks again....I find all this difficult enough in English but I am plodding along.
Thanks for your patience

Thanks again....I find all this difficult enough in English but I am plodding along.
Thanks for your patience

No problem. You might find it easier if you look at the diagram alongside the image of varroa stages in my post #112 in this thread.
I have also attached a copy of the form used when investigating brood combs. This should help tie it all together.
Incidentally, August is the best time to perform this investigation (i.e. while the queen is still laying and there are plenty of opportunities for the mite to reproduce in sealed cells). Doing it any later would skew the results as the mite would find it more difficult to find a cell to reproduce in.

Attachments

• VSH Scoring_Form_Reproduction_of_Varroa_v2.pdf
    128.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back