VSH Carnica

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know, from where those genes come?.
They came from Africa. Have you read that during the ice age the only place with bees was Africa? After the ice age, honeybees moved north through France, England, and Spain to produce A. M. Mellifera, they moved around the eastern edge of the Mediterranean and then north and west to produce Ligustica, Cecropia, and Carnica and they moved east across the Arabian peninsula to produce Syriaca, Meda, and and Anatoliaca.

More seriously, I don't know where the genes come from and anything posted would be a guess. I can safely say that there is plenty of variation in the genome which permits a lot of selection such as for the VSH trait that B+ is hyped about.

I can safely say that there is plenty of variation in the genome which permits a lot of selection such as for the VSH trait that B+ is hyped about.

VSH is merely a means to an end: the management of varroa. I am not "hyped" about it (although there has been quite a bit of talk about it in this thread). I am, however, excited about the potential that this stock brings across a range of characteristics that we all want.

VSH is merely a means to an end: the management of varroa. .

Genome of varroa evolutes too, and quicker than bees'. The is no end in this battle.
.when VSH bee identify the mite as an enemy, one day varroa has a mutation that it is able to hidden under bee's nose.

When you look africanized bee in America and mites, end has not been reached. There they live more or less together. Neither natural combs nor small cells nor 19 day brood cycle have not helped.
Guys live more in dreams than in facts. Facts only pop up more dreams than add knowledge.

Last edited:
I have seen so many positive beebreeders during 20 years how they are going to find a final solution to varroa. But I look only facts. That is interesting side in my life. To search facts.

I am not singing in collective chorus. Far from me that.

Einstein already said that humankind is dying for bees. But Einstein did not know that Hymenoptera is the biggest pollinating insect family in the world. World does not need bees, if they die. But nothing is killing bees. IT is positive peoples' propaganda.

And Einstein did not knew, that 10 of most important food plant in the Word do not need insect pollination.

IT is in your own head, if you take these things as positive or negative.
What positive is in that, that humankind is dying for bees?

Last edited:
I am, however, excited about the potential that this stock brings across a range of characteristics that we all want.
Definitely hyped. :) .... But in denial.

Finman, Never let people tell you something can't be done. Do you believe them when they tell you that bees can't be bred to be resistant to mites?

We'll have to agree to differ on that FP.
I go by the evidence of my own eyes. I measure the performance and breed from the best. Those who have visited my apiaries seem to agree with me. I don't think that is being in denial.

Finman, Never let people tell you something can't be done. Do you believe them when they tell you that bees can't be bred to be resistant to mites?

They can tell to me what ever. That I clear out, how things are. Then I tell, how things are.
I am researcher. I am not believer.

Fusion, I know that bees have lived together with varroa since destructor appeared to mellifera hives 100 years ago. No country has lost bees for varroa.

Fusion, I know about varroa more than you will ever learn, because you have so strong sun classes on.

Last edited:
Maybe someone should also tell him that Einstein never said those things - you mustn't believe everything you read on Google!

Really!

Oogkr ud good.

I got in university an education how to make difference facts and no facts.

I just wrote that I am not a believer, if you noticed. Go to sleep Jenkins. Nothing bad will happen. I promise.

Last edited:
I am researcher. I am not believer.

Please tell us what research you are doing.
None of my degrees are in Biology but I have disclosed the results of my investigations on this forum. I am sure that anything I say which is wrong will be corrected quickly by those with more knowledge than I

Please tell us what research you are doing.
None of my degrees are in Biology but I have disclosed the results of my investigations on this forum. I am sure that anything I say which is wrong will be corrected quickly by those with more knowledge than I

After half year I am 70 y old. Should I do something to exist?.

After half year I am 70 y old. Should I do something to exist?.

So,your claim to be a researcher is false. At best, you are a retired researcher. There is no shame in this but I do wish that you wouldn't keep reminding us how well qualified you are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back