Vita Feed Gold or Fumidal B for Nosema??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceph

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I thought Id put a poll on here to help choose which one to go with, but appears to not be working for me.

So shall I go with Vita Feed Gold or Fumidal B for Nosema??

Should I be concerned of robbing the syrup by another hive?

Thanks!!

I thought Id put a poll on here to help choose which one to go with, but appears to not be working for me.

Thanks!!

Not sure, but I suspect the answer depends on how bad the infection is, ie that fumidil is the stronger treatment.

Ceph

Before using either of those have you replaced all the combs, given them a small amount of syrup (no more than a pint) and replaced or sterilized the hive ?

Its all well and good treating your bees but they will still be walking around in the mess.

Thanks!!

only if it is an entrance feeder or the hive is very week ( and then it may not be work the cost of the Fumidal B anyway, and better to put the money towards a new Nuc of bees)

you could try thymol in winter feed

Thanks!!

Not considering nosevit then? Have got some but bees tested ok so didnt need it. Was stress, went q- over winter and it was too late by 1 st inspection time/weather.

Not considering nosevit then? Have got some but bees tested ok so didnt need it. Was stress, went q- over winter and it was too late by 1 st inspection time/weather.

No I havnt ruled it out just forgot to put it in there after the poll messed up.

If anyone has an opinion on it then I would be more than grateful!

Finman - not sure, ideally now but am concerned of another hive next to it and the amount of zig-zagging going on infront of the affected hive yesterday.

I'm at a loss to be honest about when to do this.

Latest posts

Back