• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Very aggressive colony FREE to anyone who can tame them

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have a very aggressive colony that are beyond my control. I’m offering them to anyone who is willing to take them away and take them on as my only other option is to euthanise them.

Based in Nirth Wales, Wrexham.

Some things prospective keepers may like to know;

• What is the progeny of the colony?
  • What size is it?
  • How many frames are covered with Brood?
  • How many frames are covered with stores?
  • How old is the Queen?
:spy:

The simple remedy would be to re-queen them. But if the bee looker-afterer is not able to be a beekeeper, another result must be found.

Nobody ‘controls’ bees - well, not many. But from this post we don’t know how aggressive they might be. Could be down to the bee looker-afterer, as much as the bees, or they may just be a very defensive colony or they might even go looking for trouble.

Any more info, OP?

Hi, I know this post is a year old but did you get them sorted? I am also in Wrexham.

Hi, I know this post is a year old but did you get them sorted? I am also in Wrexham.

Total number of posts 1 I suspect beekeeping may no longer figure in the OPs interests.
Purely conjecture but perhaps read about gentle bees queueing up to give honey to the beekeeper and was horrified to discover there's little relationship between novels and reality? Or maybe a mentor could have been able to make matters better?

ahh thankyou. only just arrived at the forum myself and am 80 percent computer illiterate!

ahh thankyou. only just arrived at the forum myself and am 80 percent computer illiterate!

Hopefully they have gone...the last thing you want to do is start out with angry bees... been there got the tea shirt.. i was not fazed but many others could be put of keeping bees from my earlier experiences..

:welcome:
You are 20% more computer literate than me :paparazzi:

Back