Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeoldgit

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi, I have a situation where one of my 2 hives even after Apiguard treatment had a drop of 162 over 5 days, the other hive only 13.
Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. I didn’t do a check before treatment (will remember next year)

If you have access to vaping equipment that would be ideal. Failing that put in Apivar strips but be aware you’ll have to take them out in 8 weeks

If you have access to vaping equipment that would be ideal. Failing that put in Apivar strips but be aware you’ll have to take them out in 8 weeks

The instructions on the UK packet say ten weeks maximum, but as we discovered a few days back, it's different in other countries (Canada being the particular example at that time, where it is eight weeks from memory).

Unless there was some other reason for your suggestion of an eight week limit that I've not cottoned on to?

James

The instructions on the UK packet say ten weeks maximum, but as we discovered a few days back, it's different in other countries (Canada being the particular example at that time, where it is eight weeks from memory).

Unless there was some other reason for your suggestion of an eight week limit that I've not cottoned on to?

James
Just convenience. They have had apiguard already.

Latest posts

Back