Vaporisers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorn

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It varies.
My (almost) namesake’s Vapmite, at £35, sits next to a £360 one in their online shop. And just below it is another selling at over £100. I’m considering getting it.
What are the disadvantages of buying the Vapmite rather than a more expensive vaporiser?

My (almost) namesake’s Vapmite, at £35, sits next to a £360 one in their online shop. And just below it is another selling at over £100. I’m considering getting it.
What are the disadvantages of buying the Vapmite rather than a more expensive vaporiser?

I have no idea of the differences in the ones you mention i do know however that different vaporizers take different times to vaporize the product, i have viewed a experiment on youtube where a beek tried several different types, the quickest one was done in just under 2 min's the longest one took over 6min's, so i would think the cheaper ones take longer to do each hive especially the ones with a bigger pan as they will take longer to reach full temperature.

I have a £35 vaporizer and it works well. It takes 2 to 3 minutes per hive using a well charged battery.
Seems to be quite well made.

I have a £3 DIY one which works in 3 minutes..

Latest posts

Back