up too my eyes in bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have met a few people that work with 12 frames ok it all depends on the bees and how much they propolise.

Really , comment prompted by years of experience no doubt ?

John Wilkinson

yes i was told to remove the dummy board by someone who has many more years experience than you ..... is it right ... is it wrong... seems ok to me

yes i was told to remove the dummy board by someone who has many more years experience than you ..... is it right ... is it wrong... seems ok to me
You don't even know me or how long I've kept bees !!
Fancy yourself as a agent provocateur ?

JW

I have met a few people that work with 12 frames ok it all depends on the bees and how much they propolise.
I work with 11 hoffmans plus board ! My bees have carnie in them ( a guy near me used to keep them!) They love propolis.
I'm thinking of exploiting this tendency by the use of propolis screens.

John Wilkinson

I've always used 11 frames with a homemade 5 ply dummy board..... easy to lift out to give a bit of room to work through the frames.

some beekeepers use 11 some use 12.

some have an extra frame of stores / brood some have wood :smilielol5:

Hi, I've bee beekeeping 21 years, retired 6 years, I am married with 3 children, 8 Grandchildren(6 b
You've read my profile !
What a clever little so and so you are .
By the way you still don't know me .
May I suggest a learned tome for you ? entitled 'How to win friends and influence people ' :seeya:

JW

I work with 11 hoffmans plus board ! My bees have carnie in them ( a guy near me used to keep them!) They love propolis.
I'm thinking of exploiting this tendency by the use of propolis screens.

John Wilkinson

I to only use 11 plus the dummy board and at times it feels like 11 frames are to much. Go for the propolis me thinks it is going to be big over the next few years people in the smoke are going to go mad for it.

You've read my profile !
May I suggest a learned tome for you ? entitled 'How to win friends and influence people ' :seeya:

JW

You started this little cat fight with your comment at the bottom of page 2 ;)

You've read my profile !

JW

you dont know me either !! so wind your neck in !

11 or 12 , does it matter?

With 12 there is only a sma;; gap betwen the end wall and the frame. the bees will make it a bee space but it is less than the rest of the gaps.

With a thin dummy things are easier to remove for inspections and I suspect the total storage volume on eleven as opposed to twelve frames is not that much less.

The difficulties of squeezing in 12 14 x 12s further exacerbates the problem, btw - I know - most of mine are on 12 frame. I intend to make a few more dummies, to make life easier at inspections, as they do not need that extra frame squeezing in.

It makes not a jot of difference to the spaces between the real brooding frames.

RAB

it seems ok to me i just used my hive tool on each end and lifted the 12th frame out . no different to the dummy board the bees built small brace comb on.

Last edited:
:iagree:
11 or 12 , does it matter?

With 12 there is only a sma;; gap betwen the end wall and the frame. the bees will make it a bee space but it is less than the rest of the gaps.

With a thin dummy things are easier to remove for inspections and I suspect the total storage volume on eleven as opposed to twelve frames is not that much less.

The difficulties of squeezing in 12 14 x 12s further exacerbates the problem, btw - I know - most of mine are on 12 frame. I intend to make a few more dummies, to make life easier at inspections, as they do not need that extra frame squeezing in.

It makes not a jot of difference to the spaces between the real brooding frames.

RAB
:iagree:

my bees like to have the end frame as stores.. so number 12 then probably number 11. then i have 7 frames of brood then 3 frames of stores the other side. this is in march... a dummy board would = 1 less frame of either stores or brood.

FT
You mentioned earlier about ce,ll size and it virtually eliminates Tracheal and Varroa mite problems , RUBBISH absolute RUBBISH.

Mo

FT
You mentioned earlier about ce,ll size and it virtually eliminates Tracheal and Varroa mite problems , RUBBISH absolute RUBBISH.

Mo

copy and paste from Google .... shoot me down .. but must be something in it ..

FT
I have no intention of playing your silly games.

Mo

FT
I have no intention of playing your silly games.

Mo

Silly games ? i merely stated fact

people like small cell why ....... because its more natural .......

make of it what you want no games being played here.......

Latest posts

Back