Tree wound sealer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to use a product in the 80's in our orchards that was based around Mercury. Can't remember the name of it (Santar perhaps or something similar - anybody help me out?) Perhaps memory loss is connected to mercury exposure because we used it without much PPE!!!

We used to use a product in the 80's in our orchards that was based around Mercury. Can't remember the name of it (Santar perhaps or something similar - anybody help me out?) Perhaps memory loss is connected to mercury exposure because we used it without much PPE!!!
As a horticulturist as from the 70's I have found a hand full of soil rubbed over the fresh cut wound has enough of natural bacteria etc in it to dry up the bleeding and aid the healing process and this is only done on any wounds larger than a secateur prune.

Looks like the difficult neighbour has backed off for now. Shouldn’t need to do anything now until the autumn thankfully, which is when magnolia trees are pruned.

Latest posts

Back