To nuc or not to nuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've no idea what you are talking about and am disappointed that you treat your newcomers with suspicion when all they are trying to do is learn. C'est la vie.

Au revoir, but thank you for those who took the time to answer my questions. There'll be no more questions from me at this forum - proof if you are looking for it.

some times you can gain more information by lurking anyhow, Au revoir? "Ye may gang far and fare waur" Much more poetic

Last edited:
There's a difference between gaining information and useful facts, and only wanting to be told the information and facts you want to hear though

A competent beekeeper prides themselves on NOT having swarms, as in spotting the preparations and guiding the bees in the way the beekeeper wants them to go, in one fell swoop achieving what the bees and beekeeper wants.

Having a swarm on a bush or worse under a neighbors roof is a failure.

PH
:iagree:
But be prepared just in case things do not go to plan.
not worthy

Looks like poor Susan has brought out the worst in this place. If you are still reading Susan, there are lots of people signed up and reading. Not that many behave in the way you have experienced. Sometimes the pack mentality comes to the fore and it isn't pretty.

Iain Craig is an excellent - and traditional - beekeeper. It is good advice to listen to your bees - in a manner of speaking - because the more you understand how they work the better a beekeeper you will become. Stick with it, it is a great hobby.

G.

The paranoia of this otherwise excellent forum astounds me sometimes. Quite what nefarious deeds she was meant to be up to with some "provocative" questions gawd only knows.

Interesting questions Susan, even if I disagree with the ethos, and all understandable from a newbe with an enquiring mind. Ne laissez pas les bougres que vous broyer.

The paranoia of this otherwise excellent forum astounds me sometimes. Quite what nefarious deeds she was meant to be up to with some "provocative" questions gawd only knows.

Interesting questions Susan, even if I disagree with the ethos, and all understandable from a newbe with an enquiring mind. Ne laissez pas les bougres que vous broyer.

And thank you Gavin as well who was the only one who stepped in to call a halt to the silliness. Very nefarious behaviour on Susans part. Asking .... Questions ...... and not just question ..... Contentious questions ooooooooooo

Susan many on here would have been rolling their eyes last night and any implied collaboration via pm would have been small and judging by the post count I would assume it was unwanted drones begging for scraps from a healthy hive in comparison to the disease ridden rotting one they came from.

Judge, jury, and hangman?

PH is the first to jump on someone he thinks answers a poster, so as perhaps to be a bit sharp, and they disappear. This seems more like PH doing an Admin job without being admin. Very poor form indeed, IMO.

A Troll is a Troll.

According to Wiki:
A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

He peeps
Can you please advise me as I'm trying to work out a budget for next year. I have two hives and don't want to increase. Should I invest in a nuc next year when swarming starts and is it correct that I put the swarm into the nuc? Also, what do I do with them after that?! Do I then join to my existing hives and if so how? Would appreciate your advice.

Not extraneous or off-topic, and while we do see a lot of inflammatory posts on here I'd struggle to classify this as one

So, let's get this straight. This forum *isn't* a place for novices to ask their sometimes naive questions. Do so and you will be labelled as 'one of them' or even worse, a troll. I have had a look though some of Susan's previous posts and all I see is someone needing help to get her beekeeping head straight. That's fair enough with me, it took me years to get to the stage where I thought that I mostly understood what was going on. That's what fora like this *should* be for, not for some sort of digital lynch mob to point fingers and make outlandish accusations. It should be a place where people can seek help from the more informed, not a place to come to get insulted.

My early experience on this forum was somewhat like this too. I tackled Mr Roberts of E*s*b*e* who was about to supply his swarmy Carniolans to a beekeeper in an isolated (and previously Varroa-free) spot in Wester Ross. This novice beekeeper's imported exotic bees had died out the previous winter. No surprise there, it is a harsh environment requiring either well-adapted local bees or possibly a beekeeper who knows what these imported strains need to get through through a harsh season. What happened then? Half a dozen folk criticised me for interfering in Mr Robert's right to sell bees wherever he could make a fast buck. Time has moved on and now he is no longer welcome here thank goodness.

As always the Pythons have some insight:

[vid] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/ame] [/vid]
watch

'She turned me into a newt!'

' ..... I got better .... '

... just don't take the end of the sketch as gospel.

Last edited:
Know-it-all?
Bully?
Jeepers, get a life polyhive
Puts us newbies right off

Neither, I try to give a lot to this forum. Try reading some of my posts before lashing out.

The ethos on here is to play the ball not the player.

PH

Latest posts

Back