To keep one amused

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a feeling my guess at line three would be the wrong one of the two options…I wasn’t disappointed
Wordle 1,129 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I had a feeling my guess at line three would be the wrong one of the two options…I wasn’t disappointed
Wordle 1,129 4/6
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
There was only 1 possible in the list of Wordle answers, hard luck to think of the extra possible and then guess wrong! Do you have typographic yearnings?

There was only 1 possible in the list of Wordle answers, hard luck to think of the extra possible and then guess wrong! Do you have typographic yearnings?
I don’t refer to the Wordle list - just use my brain, which tends to come up with the more obscure words, than the run of the mill stuff.
It’s because I’m weird I suppose…

Wordle 1,130 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Very much like The Poot for 1129
I not only had a feeling my guess at line 3 was wrong, it was wrong. Shame it wasn't right at the same time.

Last edited:
Wordle 1,131 5/6* old
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 651, max 6
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› 54, max 5
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ 3, max 5
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ© not the "likely" word, 1...
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'd guess new starter will do much better today...

Wordle 1,131 2/6* new
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› only 2, max 3. Miles better than I anticipated, given not THAT much matched
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 50/50

Just reviewed my stats and old starter got 5 on 15% of plays this year while new starter only 5% of plays. That is not what I expected, I thought old starter would be better at avoiding high scores (but worse at low ones). Both were less than 1% sixes, no Xs.
New starter gets more 2's and more 3's plus more 3's than 4's.
The averages have quite a small difference considering all that, 3.47 new and 3.7 old.

Last edited:
Wordle 1,132 4/6* old
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© 7 words, max 4
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© 4, max 4
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© 1... (there were 2 words guaranteeing 4, I got the wrong one)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Spoilt that excellent run of 3's!

Wordle 1,132 3/6* new
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› 69, max 7 ( a group! code should have seen this as a worst case when picking starter )
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© only 1...
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SO not the group and it worked out fine BUT I need to rethink and check my past workings here! I thought my code picked the best of all the worst outcomes it could find, but maybe I just assumed worst outcome was "no letters match". However in hard mode falling into big groups (using a vowel in the right place in a group: e.g. an i second gives the chance of _ight, a group of 9) is much worse for the outcome. I must have a look at the way I score lists of possible words - trying to be economic on cpu work but not doing quite the right job it seems.

Last edited:
Bit of brain ache getting back into that code but I do have a new candidate for best word as a result and it makes some sense when I check it against some lists of groups I made ages ago. Do I run three games each time OR loose my historic comparisons? - decide tomorrow!
The new word to try is WHELP

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back