To keep one amused

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 today, after a first row of blanks!
(I haven’t worked out how to post the picture - any clues - I’m on iPad?)

4 today, after a first row of blanks!
(I haven’t worked out how to post the picture - any clues - I’m on iPad?)
There's a "share" icon which copies the pattern for you then to "paste" anywhere

There's a "share" icon which copies the pattern for you then to "paste" anywhere
Thanks, I’ll try again tomorrow. When I tried that today it β€œcopied to clipboard” but I couldnβ€˜t find clipboard. 😒

That's a bit jammy!πŸ˜„

Well, perhaps; perhaps not :D As it's now past midnight, here's my actual solution:

wordle.png

The first attempt is mostly a guess given that there's nothing to go on.

Because I had no correct vowels, the second attempt was really any word I could think of including a P that wasn't in position 1 and as many of the remaining vowels as I could manage.

Based on those results I was trying to work out where the P could go for my next attempt. I couldn't think of anything that would work for position 2 that didn't need letters I already knew weren't present. If it was in position 4, the likely last letter would be H or Y, all the other obvious choices being unavailable. I couldn't think of anything that also included an I that didn't need some of the letters that I knew weren't in the word though. So I assumed that P would have to be the last letter.

Then it was a case of working out what could be in position 4, and there weren't really many choices left. M seemed the most likely. Y would have been possible, but I could only think of one word spelt that way and I already knew it couldn't be that. O and W were other options, but I couldn't think of anything that would work, so M it was. That meant position 3 probably needed to be a vowel and an O in that position with an I elsewhere seemed quite unlikely, so I was looking for a word ending in IMP.

Of the available letters, only C seemed a likely first character, which left me with CRIMP or CHIMP and I happened to choose the first.

So yes, there's a certain amount of chance involved in having picked the correct word from the choices I'd come up with, and perhaps also in other (wrong) words or combinations that would have worked not occurring to me at the time, but there's a reasonable amount of logic too :)

James

Last edited:
Wordle 219 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Jammy or what. ;) I made a mistake which cost me; putting the same letter in the same position twice.

Last edited:
Hardest yet. That was a real challenge! Nearly threw it out of the window!!

Wordle 219 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Latest posts

Back