Timing nucs for sale.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
I'm looking to start producing a few nucs for sale next year and I'm just wondering about he timings involved.

When would you experienced hands at nuc production start nucs off with a view to build up to overwinter?

And when is the main demand for nucs? Early spring or during the summer?

As always all.advice welcome and many thanks in advance.

No time like the present to start. What are you rearing from. Ian

No time like the present to start. What are you rearing from. Ian
Won't be until next year. I need to set up with some national kit as all my kit is on commercial frames at the moment. Was going to use long hives to provide the initial brood and bees first. And introduce virgin queen's to get mated and let them build up.

I brought in virgins from Northumberland Honey this year so will be interested to see how they go next year and if I like will buy more from them until I'm proficient enough in rearing my own queen's.

Won't be until next year. I need to set up with some national kit as all my kit is on commercial frames at the moment. Was going to use long hives to provide the initial brood and bees first. And introduce virgin queen's to get mated and let them build up.

I brought in virgins from Northumberland Honey this year so will be interested to see how they go next year and if I like will buy more from them until I'm proficient enough in rearing my own queen's.

Why not have a few national nucs and a couple of national BBs to put on best hives, then remove when laid up and split frames into a series of two frame nucs? Reduces how much kit you need to buy.

Latest posts

Back