Thymolated Syrup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not for varroa treatment - it's a prophylactic dose against nosema

Yes, my point was (although poorly put). As it is eaten, will it be of help to any bee that has not yet emerged i.e. eggs, larvae, & capped brood? Or will the treatment, (syrup) have to be repeated?

Sorry for not being clear, it was early. (for me)

Yes, my point was (although poorly put). As it is eaten, will it be of help to any bee that has not yet emerged i.e. eggs, larvae, & capped brood? Or will the treatment, (syrup) have to be repeated?

Sorry for not being clear, it was early. (for me)

You thymolise the syrup which they will be keping as winter stores - so all the bees get trickle fed it throughout the winter, so it doesn't really matter if the brood has emerged yet, or even not laid

Right, got it now. Sorry JBM, it does take a while for things to sink in.

I'm only English. :redface:

Last edited:
Well enough to tend them properly - and probably a lot better than some with 20/20 vision.
Bit of a sly dig that at someone whose quality of life at the moment is seriously compromised due to an ailment affecting both eyes - hopefully a solution is around the corner - going in for my pre-op next week.

Well enough to tend them properly - and probably a lot better than some with 20/20 vision.
Bit of a sly dig that at someone whose quality of life at the moment is seriously compromised due to an ailment affecting both eyes - hopefully a solution is around the corner - going in for my pre-op next week.

It was meant as a joke, I had no idea you were having problems with your eyes. Good look with the pre-op.

JBM... at least you have chosen the right time of year to give you poorly eyes a rest... Good luck and I hope all goes well for you in time for the vital egg spotting next season!

Yeghes da

It was meant as a joke, I had no idea you were having problems with your eyes. Good look with the pre-op.

JBM... at least you have chosen the right time of year to give you poorly eyes a rest... Good luck and I hope all goes well for you in time for the vital egg spotting next season!

Yeghes da

Thanks both - funnily enough spotting eggs seem to be no problem but the sun's position is more important than ever for general work because the wrong angle just make all seem like working in a sauna, trouble is it's also compromised my long vision so close work means I have to get very close and the veil makes thins worse (thus more than one sting to the nose!!) Hopefully all will be right by spring in at least one eye!!

Latest posts

Back