things to do in exeter - Help!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hoping someone can come up with some suggestions! i am travelling up from cornwall to meet up with my niece who is in london for a couple of days after travelling over from Oz and has taken a day out to travel down and meet with me. I want to find something interesting rather than just wandering aimlessly around! she loves jewllery so was wondering if there is a particular street we should hunt out for antique/quality stuff to oggle! Also interested in any other ideas people have. has anyone done the underground tunnel walk?

Gandy Street is a small back street in Exeter which has nice little funky shops...stand on the corner with your back to M&S and turn left around the corner (seemingly away from the main shopping street) after 75-100yds there is a street on the right hand side. Go over, walk up and after about 30ft turn immediately left - You have found GANDY STREET! You could also try the Quay...should be signposted from the Cathedral Green area I think. They have small funky units too!

OR:- http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...Exeter-313232/Things_To_Do-Exeter-TG-C-1.html

Enjoy!

read you plea for info on Exeter couple of hours ago was going to say the same as queens but she beat me to it, my family comes from Launceston they lived in the railway cottages all of them.

AND...
There is always Paignton Zoo with its colonies of black bees... or even Buckast Abbey and take a train to Totnes.... nowhere more "funky" than there!!!

thanks folks will certainly lookup gandy street. hoping to do the red coat tour and maybe do the underground tunnels oh and find a tea room for tea and cake - lots of cake!

Tea and cake - go for a café on Cathedral Green - pretty and just really 'proper' somehow...and Yes Buckfast is a lovely place to visit, but no bee-keeping areas are open to the public, and the hand-outs on the bee side are sadly out-dated (being sorted soon). On weekdays it may be possible, if you ask nicely, but at weekends...no. Stick in town...

Latest posts

Back