Theft prevention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t need a shot gun licence for this device you can buy on the likes of Amazon etc. shotgun mine alarm with saluting blanks. No projectile so does not fall into the category of section 2 firearms act .
still a stupid idea

You're assuming for a start that the OP has a SGC
Don’t need a shot gun licence for this device you can buy on the likes of Amazon etc. shotgun mine alarm with saluting blanks. No projectile so does not fall into the category of section 2 firearms act
still a stupid idea
didn’t say it was a good idea it would make the would be thief jump though. Could work if hives in ear shot of someone who would investigate but the trip mechanism would have to be between the hive and a fixed ground anchor point as most hive thefts are just a case of strap up and take the lot.

My hive stands are two 10cm square 2.4m wood lengths, with cross-pieces underneath, topped with 50cm squares of decking slats sold as squares at b&q.
They easily take 4 national hives each.
It strikes me that if using wood floors it would be easy to screw them to the stand. Then thieves would need to bring floors to move the hives, moving an 8 foot stand with hives on not easy!
I might do this if I ever have an out apiary.
Nice idea, I might try it with the hives stands I have with the legs driven Ito the ground! Of course you will need a screw driver if you need to rearrange hive positions!!!!

Latest posts

Back