The wonderful sense of rules.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Ebay says:-

The following items are not considered collectibles, and they are not allowed to be listed or sold on eBay:
- Cigars in cellophane wrapping
- Collectible tobacco, including a listing that describes the tobacco instead of its collectible packaging
- Tobacco products packaged in classic packaging

but on the other hand....

You may sell collectible packaging that contains tobacco if the package is unopened. Your listing must follow the guidelines above, and the guidelines must be included in the listing. Please refer to the policy page to find the guidelines and disclaimers you need to include in your listing.

So, you can sell collectable packaging that contains tobacco, but not tobacco contained in collectable packaging.

Last edited:
I wonder if beehives could be deemed to be collectable so the "contents" can be sent with them to.

I have some very rare commercial broodboxes, I believe to be one of a kind (I made them), trouble is they all have frames and bees in them to.

You could sell the nucs and give the bees away for free.

Many years ago in Norwich Queensway Wharehouse were refused permission to sell furniture on Sundays... So they sold highly priced fruit and gave a free 3 piece suite way with the sale.

Ebay, like other organisations, have evolved rules over time. They don't necessarily make sense as a whole set.

You can buy tropical fish, or hatching eggs. But not bees, it's not a division that makes any sense to me.

Latest posts

Back