The hobbit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I'm a Tolkien fan so went to watch it and IMHO Jackson has a good feel for bringing Tolkien to the big screen and I enjoyed it, I even thought the 3d was good when I mistakenly booked a seat for a 3d showing.

I'm a Tolkien fan so went to watch it and IMHO Jackson has a good feel for bringing Tolkien to the big screen and I enjoyed it, I even thought the 3d was good when I mistakenly booked a seat for a 3d showing.

I am not quite sure how they managed to make the little book that was The Hobbit into 3 (long) films........

But I will probably check it out at some point.

We're off to see it in about half an hour. My 11 year old has a knitted beard, cape and pipe. He's threatening to wear them.

We're of
f to see it in about half an hour. My 11 year old has a knitted beard, cape and pipe. He's threatening to wear them.

Ace ! getting into the spirit, I went as Radagast :eek:
imgres

Last edited:

3D was the best I've seen, but would have preferred 2D, but the Barbican was only showing the former.

OK, looks good, not as bloody as I expected, but still a bit of a Chinese meal and fairly lightweight.

What have I got in my pocket?

OK, looks good, not as bloody as I expected, but still a bit of a Chinese meal and fairly lightweight.

Yes we thoroughly enjoyed it but you're right. LOTR sets the bar so high (book and movie) that The Hobbit will inevitably fall short in comparison. Good enough that I'd go watch it again though.

Latest posts

Back