The Big Give

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbritishhoney

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,

Hope it is OK to post this here...

This week is Big Give week. All week The Big Give will match donations given to the various charities that are signed up with it. So, if you donate £5 the charity will get a total of £11.25 (including gift aid).
There is only a limited amount of money on offer each day, so you need to get in early.
The link attached is to my favourite charity (Self Help Africa)'s Big Give page, but if you have your own favouraite charity you should be able to find them on there too.

http://new.thebiggive.org.uk/charity/view/1644

Cheers
Andy:)

Many local schools/churches in my area collect money for a schools charity in Uganda(around one million pounds).

The local Vicar has "withdrawn" while an investigation takes place in Uganda into any wrongdoing...

Many local schools/churches in my area collect money for a schools charity in Uganda(around one million pounds).

The local Vicar has "withdrawn" while an investigation takes place in Uganda into any wrongdoing...

Corruption is rife across Africa. It's something that charities have a big problem with. SHA employs an 'ethical' auditor to ensure that the donated funds get to the right place. I would imagine many of the other bigger charities do the same. Unfortunately it is probably the small, well-meaning charities that don't have the resources to do this that get taken advantage of. :(

If anyone's interested SHA made about £50,000 from The Big Give.
Well worth getting involved next year if you are a charity.

Latest posts

Back