The bees love my father in law!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praha

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Hello all,
I wonder if you have an answer to this: my hives, all four of them, are in the garden doing quite well. No-one bothers them apart from me once a week, and the kids and mrs Praha often wander around them picking raspberries and strawberries and the like.
Whenever my father in law comes over, he gets stung. Two days ago, just walking about the garden, thirty feet away from the hives, two stings on the arm, and today, from the front gate (about thirty feet again) he gets a sting on the nose.
The question is, how can I get the bees to go for the mother in law as well!

Get her to use the same aftershave.........

:nature-smiley-014:

My bees do that to my husband. He is always working on engines so they can probably smell diesel, he always wears black too. We're not divorced because I put up with his scrap lorries parked everywhere.

It's obviously some aroma that he exudes, that said my grumpy arse bees hate me regardless of cleanliness of my person or brand of BO basher currently in use.

Surreptitiously spray your MIL with a weak solution of honeyed water and leave her in the garden on a warm day.

This may seem a bit random.
Tell him to get checked for diabetes.
Diabetics sweat has sugar in.

They liked to sting my husband when they were in the garden, but never bothered me, personally I think it was down to the lumberjack esq beard he's got going on and they may think he's a bear :p

I wonder if this is similar to how some peeps get bitten by gnats/dog fleas etc while others don't. I get covered in gnat bites every year - don't think my husband has ever been bitten despite walking in the same parks with me.

I wonder if this is similar to how some peeps get bitten by gnats/dog fleas etc while others don't. I get covered in gnat bites every year - don't think my husband has ever been bitten despite walking in the same parks with me.

I seem particularly tasty to horse flies? They always go for me and I react badly when bitten, I swell like a balloon!
Must stink like a horse! :icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back