The 2013 BBKA Spring Convention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

local_beekeeper

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
National 50, Langstroth 10
Is anyone going to Spring Convention?

going to take a look.
does anybody know what time doors open on the sat(for the public)?

Would like to have gone but not in the country till next Tuesday.

going to take a look.
does anybody know what time doors open on the sat(for the public)?

Just checked my programme and the lectures start at 10 o'clock, the trade exhibition starts at 9 o'clock though.

As I am quite local I wont need to get up to early then :laughing-smiley-004

There is quite a lot trade exhibition.

How's this for commitment:

Friday I have to be in Berlin for a long day of meetings.
The only way to get to the trade day, is to take the last flight from Berlin to Dublin, sleep in the airport, take the early flight back to Manchester, then drive to Newport.

But then I have to get home late afternoon, have a shower, peck in the OH's cheek, pick up a bag - and back to the airport to fly, overnight, to Cyprus. There I've got 2 conferences to address - and meetings throughout Monday.

Mind you, I'm not sure it will be worth while taking the return flight.
'Er indoors is not amused........

....... particularly as I'd promised her the whole week in Cyprus - only to realise I can't.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Dusty

How's this for commitment:

Friday I have to be in Berlin for a long day of meetings.
The only way to get to the trade day, is to take the last flight from Berlin to Dublin, sleep in the airport, take the early flight back to Manchester, then drive to Newport.

But then I have to get home late afternoon, have a shower, peck in the OH's cheek, pick up a bag - and back to the airport to fly, overnight, to Cyprus. There I've got 2 conferences to address - and meetings throughout Monday.

Mind you, I'm not sure it will be worth while taking the return flight.
'Er indoors is not amused........

....... particularly as I'd promised her the whole week in Cyprus - only to realise I can't.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Dusty

Should'n have told her you're going to the convention but you were flying direct Berlin to Cyprus - after all what's an extra convention in the middle of all that?:D

Not bothering this year as need to take advantage of weekends to make up for time lost due to the bad weather so far this year.

Hoping to - tickets bought and hotel booked - but vehicle in the garage for urgent repairs so trying to organise wheels

Jeep went in this morning - phone call at 3 o'clock - front universal joints replaced and vehicle ready to go (the firm refurbishing the axles had a slack day) called in other garage for issue of new MOT certificate so now back on the road (people do make a bit of extra effort if your 'known' in the community)

So the convention it is Friday (Via Chris B's for a cuppa on the way!)

Back