Thanks for adding me

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve D

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I work for a charity in Norwich and I have just started beekeeping at one of our hostels. We currently have one hive which overwintered well (we started early September). The biggest problem I have is finding the queen. The only way I can find her is in photos (she is marked) so every time I check them I have to get another resident or member of staff to photograph every frame lol. I'm hoping that I will get better at this with practice :)

I work for a charity in Norwich and I have just started beekeeping at one of our hostels. We currently have one hive which overwintered well (we started early September). The biggest problem I have is finding the queen. The only way I can find her is in photos (she is marked) so every time I check them I have to get another resident or member of staff to photograph every frame lol. I'm hoping that I will get better at this with practice :)
Don't worry about it, learn to spot eggs. If there are eggs the queen was there in the last three days. If you can get help marking the queen then life becomes much easier. Welcome to the site😄

Latest posts

Back