Table saw

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh I have a ryobi, no problems yet. Handy hint for sawdust issues. Even with the hoover on full power attached to the back it still goes everywhere.

Anyone know about making finger joints? I have a dado blade, but I don't know about building a jig or anything.

n

I bought a table saw for £150 from screwfix for a few light dutys....

45 complete hives, many supers 14 NUC boxs later it is going well.

I had a problem in the early days where too much sawdust would not go through the grill on the bottom and collected very quickly.
The sawdust interfered with the saw and the extraction impellor broke which quickly burnt out the motor of the saw.
this happened twice.

I cut a hole in the bottom of the tablesaw base to let the sawdust out and has been going strong since.

Pete

Do they still make it? Any chance I could see you use it? I'm thinking of getting one but as an office worker I dont know much about these things

Pete

Do they still make it? Any chance I could see you use it? I'm thinking of getting one but as an office worker I dont know much about these things
Anyone can use a table saw but not all can use it and still have 10 fingers, if you buy one get a demonstration on how to use it or you tube or something similar and please read and understand the instructions that come with all power tools and don't forget your PPI :smash:

Safety point is important. The amount of energy in a circular saw blade is immense, it will have your fingers off in the blink of an eye if you get it wrong. The biggest risk is kick back - when the work piece does something unexpected, and you try to stop it, and in hurriedly doing this, you saw your hands. Very few people line up a cut and then run their fingers through the saw, it does happen, but the "the wood kicked out and I grabbed it, only I grabbed the blade instead" scenario is more common.

Track saws are much, much safer. As they are plunge saws, if you let go because the saw has kicked, then the blade retracts. If you do the classic mistake of holding the bit of wood and then sawing your fingers underneath, a properly set up track saw will only scratch you, as the blade does not materially project from the workpiece. I will take some pics of my set up. The other advantage is that track saws are portable and pack up into a very small space.

The biggest risk is kick back - when the work piece does something unexpected, and you try to stop it, and in hurriedly doing this, you saw your hands. Very few people line up a cut and then run their fingers through the saw, it does happen, but the "the wood kicked out and I grabbed it, only I grabbed the blade instead" scenario is more common.
Agreed. Another common injury is the work twisting if not fed straight, being grabbed by the blade and thrown back at the operator.

I got away with a split lip and bruising.

Latest posts

Back