Syrup recipe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring feed is a pound per pint or a kilo per litre.

Winter feed (fed in autumn) is 2 pounds per pint or two kilos per litre.

PH

For info I currently have 23 Nucs and none are on feed. No need.
PH

I'm jealous. My hives/nucs are getting lighter. No flow. Some of the nucs are now so low on stores that they are being fed.

Hardly any rain = hardly any nectar

Essex has probaby been pretty dry too.

We've got all the rain! Bees have hardly been out all week - and I've hopefully got a new queen that emerged Monday so I'll swap you some dry weather!

:party:Are you in Essex too? You could tell us through editting your user profile

Sorry thought I had already changed it - I have now! As you now can see I am bit further afield!

I love the "us" as (probably wrong again) I feel this is a community that I am proud to be a unit of.

PH

Apologies to Essexgary. Got the wrong impression from your original post.

in terms of a thread getting out of proportion, reminds me of this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVsR5tpf38[/ame]

Apologies to Essexgary. Got the wrong impression from your original post.

Hey, not worries - apologies all round. bit of a fiesty mood yesterday. Well, they arrived today - and they are beautiful. calm and relaxed and they seem to like the beehaus. I ended up putting on some feed as it felt-right, I'll look tomorrow to see if they have had any... I say this because they have been foraging like crazy all day - it only took them about an hour to settle in and then they were off - I have been watching them ALL day long. I'm obsesed already...

ps - my partner (who thinks bees are the anti-christ) has spent the whole evening finding reasons to go in the garden and he keeps reporting back "they're STILL coming and going you know" and "one had so much pollen on its feet it could hardly fly" and "it's so cute how they land on the perch by the entrance before going inside"

You can tell by the 'technical' terms he uses that he didn't go on the course with me! but, without doubt, in 5 small hours, he's a convert:hurray:

You just need to be patient and let them get on with it resist the temptation to have a look at them for at least Two to Three weeks just enjoy them from a distance as they need the time to establish themselves looking in the hive will put them back enjoy :hurray:

You shoud look inside at least once a week.
First you shoud verify after couple days, that the queen lays normally.

a 5 frame colony needs equal one frame full of food. With that it survives about rainy week. More stores decreases brood area.

Latest posts

Back