• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Swienty jarring machine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant, I thought it strange the Thornes / Maismore one didn't calculate the tare everytime.
To be honest the smart weighing machine doesn’t reset the tare for each jar but the variation of jar weight is minimal (1-2g) so I normally set the fill weight 2-3g above the displayed weight which allows for any minor discrepancies.

Yes, quality kit but it's a big leap from the £750 HQ/Mmore to the £3,000 Swienty, esp. with rising interest rates (and petrol up again in the last few days).
get one powered by electrickery not petrol then

Maisemore's were first to market it (and I think it's slightly cheaper) Jeff33 and I spoke to Jon about it at the spring convention at Llanelwedd as they had it on display - he says it's all they used at Maisie's now to bottle their honey, and all the lads were raving about it.
Yes, it was £600 odd if I recall correctly. I was going to splash out on one this year but still unsure if I want to keep so many hive smoving forward.

Having a machine that fills jars accurately without spilling at about 200/hr is what keeps me sane at jarring time. I couldn't go back to a bucket, tap and scales now.

I know, it's an inefficent and boring job and I yearn for the day I find £700.
At your honey sales rates you shuld be able to get one! It would save you soooooo much time it would pay for itself.

I've just done a quick calulation using my costing spreadsheet. - I recon its has taken 13p of the cost of extracting and jarring each jar.

Last edited:
I know, it's an inefficent and boring job and I yearn for the day I find £700.
at the crackers prices your customers are happy to pay for your honey - it's only a couple of dozen jars

Maisemore's were first to market it (and I think it's slightly cheaper) Jeff33 and I spoke to Jon about it at the spring convention at Llanelwedd as they had it on display - he says it's all they used at Maisie's now to bottle their honey, and all the lads were raving about it.
They don’t keep enough bees to produce honey to bottle - typical sales talk that !!

Latest posts

Back