• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Swienty jarring machine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulmac

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Looking for a bottling machine if anyone has one please

Surely it's best to have some hives before you think about jarring? 😂

Looking for a bottling machine if anyone has one please
Just noticed the Rolls Royce requirement - Swienty. Excellent piece of equipment especially when used in conjunction with the rotating table. They don’t usually have sales/promo’s unless through Bee Farmers Assoc.
Suggest you join Bee Farmers and then get in a quick pre order for collection at their AGM in Oct.

Looking for a bottling machine
Turntable bottling machines are pricey but recently I saw the new £700 Thorne HQ machine and found it to be very well made, compact and without the fiddle of Thorne's Smart bottling machine.

A fellow beekeeper who bought the HQ raved about it's simplicity and efficiency, and as he had used the Smart (going on eBay soon) for a year or so, was in a good position to judge.

Last edited:
Turntable bottling machines are pricey but recently I saw the new £700 Thorne HQ machine and found it to be very well made, compact and without the fiddle of Thorne's Smart bottling machine.

A fellow beekeeper who bought the HQ raved about it's simplicity and efficiency, and as he had the Smart (going on eBay soon) for a year or so, was in a good position to judge.
I would agree I have the smart machine and it is a bit of a pain to set up and fill but if you get the honey warmed it is very quick. I filled over 200 jars in an under hour at the weekend.IMG_2378.jpeg

Yes, that's what Henry said. The HQ is far more efficient as it has an internal pump that moves honey easily. I'm saving for one already.
I would guess cleaning the pump is harder than just washing the valve but I’m glad I’ve got mine as if saves me hours of heartache.

Whilst there's a similar thread. Does anyone have any experience of the manual honey filler sold by old castle farms hives?

Yes it looks fine if you are not worried about accurate weight but if you want to sell the honey you would have to check weights independently.
Their claim of 180 jars in an hour is interesting as they would have had to fill the hopper 3 times as well and you can’t be putting tops on if you are pumping the handle 😁

A fellow beekeeper who bought the HQ raved about it's simplicity and efficiency, and as he had used the Smart (going on eBay soon) for a year or so, was in a good position to judge.
Maisemore's were first to market it (and I think it's slightly cheaper) Jeff33 and I spoke to Jon about it at the spring convention at Llanelwedd as they had it on display - he says it's all they used at Maisie's now to bottle their honey, and all the lads were raving about it.

No, but I watched the video on the OCFH website and saw there was no attempt to weigh the contents. I reckon the sloping body of the machine would make it difficult to fit in a weighing machine.
Thank you.

Yes it looks fine if you are not worried about accurate weight but if you want to sell the honey you would have to check weights independently.
Their claim of 180 jars in an hour is interesting as they would have had to fill the hopper 3 times as well and you can’t be putting tops on if you are pumping the handle 😁
I've never sold honey but we've got quite a few hives now so freebies to friends, family and some people who are struggling with putting food on the table isn't clearing our supply. Add in the increased cost of keeping bees we are now at the point of thinking of selling to cover costs. I'm always stretched for time so I cant be checking and rechecking as I fill each jar. I guess its going to be a much bigger outlay for the Thornes unit.

So the scales don't automatically once the jar is placed reset to 0 then ot adds the weight of honey you ask. You have to take the average weight of the jars and add that to the weight of honey you want to add?

The OCF machine seems to just pump honey from a hopper as you pull a handle. There are no scales to weigh the jar/honey.

So the scales don't automatically once the jar is placed reset to 0 then ot adds the weight of honey you ask. You have to take the average weight of the jars and add that to the weight of honey you want to add?
Don't follow this.

No need to take the average weight of jars: a tare weighing machine accounts for variation of jar weight and adds the set amount of honey.

The only bottling machine referred to in this thread that cannot calculate weight filled is the one from OCFH.

Don't follow this.

No need to take the average weight of jars: a tare weighing machine accounts for variation of jar weight and adds the set amount of honey.

The only bottling machine referred to in this thread that cannot calculate weight filled is the one from OCFH.
Brilliant, I thought it strange the Thornes / Maismore one didn't calculate the tare everytime.

Latest posts

Back