swi***y?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdf

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
are the ''Frame Langstroth in parts'' on their website hoffman frames?
thanks

A link would have been useful but...

Hoffmannframes Langstroth 1/1
Hoffmannframes Langstroth 1/1
Item no.: 102660

Only one I could find and self explanatory.

PH

Oddly I am not seeing the Hoffman word when I look but and I no doubt will be swiftly corrected but I have never known Langstroth brood frames to be anything but Hoffman. Never seen them for spacers... thank goodness.

PH

You will be right Pete.

DN1 pattern frames are almost never seen anywhere in developed countries other than in very primitive patterns from the past. It is almost invariably the case that if you do NOT want Hoffman you have to make a special order. The frames that need ends added are pretty well a pre war thing that just refuses to die in the UK.

Have seen a Spanish type with no self spacing but much wider wood, and simply butt jointed.

Have weeded all the old SN1 and DN1 types out of our unit in recent years and consigned them to bonfire. Somewhere in the dark recesses of the attic above the extracting room we have half a dozen fondant boxes of metal and plastic ends if anyone wants them..........

Please do the world a favour and skip them?

Actually had sun here today, and found a lovely double brood colony wanting to sup!

One colony and 7 nucs later... happy day!

PH

Back