Sunday task

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how but I've less time to myself since retiring than when I was in full time work.😎
Same here John, I have a hobby that seems to have taken over my life and a wife that seems to want me to spend time with her! Decisions decisions!

Same here John, I have a hobby that seems to have taken over my life and a wife that seems to want me to spend time with her! Decisions decisions!
Who needs swimbos there over rated anyway..

If I was collecting as many swarms as you in a season Neil I would be :hairpull:and then swimbo would be doing this :sport-smiley-002:.
We love them really.
Mine asked me back in October what I wanted for Xmas.. I said 4 queen's.. And cough, cough 6 nucs.
She said I've paid for your queen's what else, obviously going deaf.
Shh... Ive ordered the nucs how am I going to hide them, help please?! Options please?.

I only go up height wise on a ladder that is tied off to portable scaffold, the ladder it self then acts as a brace as well.

If I was collecting as many swarms as you in a season Neil I would be :hairpull:and then swimbo would be doing this :sport-smiley-002:.
We love them really.
Mine asked me back in October what I wanted for Xmas.. I said 4 queen's.. And cough, cough 6 nucs.
Shh... Ive ordered the nucs how am I going to hide them, help please?! Options please?.
Hide them in plain view.... where am I going to hide the new Triumph!
Nadelik Lowen

When you paint the nucs - paint them to look like high heeled shoes - they seem to be unable to count those
Yes 'er indoors arithmetic is a bit interesting.... it was just over £30 - means £39.99 . It was a bargain at half price means it was exhorbitantly overpriced in the first place. I've had this ages - I bought it last week but haven't worn it until now. The one I really fear is the 'I thought you would like it' - I dare not even think about what it cost....

Yes 'er indoors arithmetic is a bit interesting.... it was just over £30 - means £39.99 . It was a bargain at half price means it was exhorbitantly overpriced in the first place. I've had this ages - I bought it last week but haven't worn it until now. The one I really fear is the 'I thought you would like it' - I dare not even think about what it cost....
And swimbos hord clothes wardrobes full of there clothes.. And yours are left on top of the dresser to gather dust.
Don't ever go home and say the house is a bit of a mess, they will shoot you down with the death stare and hopefully not talk to you for the forseable future.
Or untill they want you to do something like wash up or hoover.

I think ill tell swimbo about the nucs after I've plied here full of cheese and wine, like bottles and bottles and bottles and then more bottles of very strong wine, see ya I'm of to buy a crate of wine and take my builders hat home.

Ha ha know the feeling.. Waved goodbye to 70 a while back.. but was up cleaning gutters yesterday so don't mind ladders. Will secure it.
Really impressive👍 Unless you live in a bungalow that is. I truly hope all goes to plan Heather.

Last edited:
Yes I remember an argument I won (yes! won - but still paying for it) a good few years ago when I was shopping/researching for a new pair of hunting boots. 'you can't pay that much for a pair of boots! I've never paid anywhere near that for a pair of shoes!!' I then pointed out to her the roomful of she's she's accrued since we got married, and the fact that apart from the odd pair of cricket boots, waders and plimsolls I have probably acquired eight pairs of shoes since I was eighteen (two pairs were actually gifts from my mother) and they are all still in use.
And after all that, my research arrived at the conclusion that the boots I needed were bog standard assault boots as used by the SBS (retailing then at about £150.00) but which I used to get issued as part of my maritime boarding kit, and as I cared for mine properly I could keep the new issue for my own use. so they cost me nothing! :icon_204-2:
She didn't speak to me for a few days after the dig about her shoe collection (or her new nickname - Imelda).........which was nice 😁

I think the bees chose that location out of desperation rather than choice and they need to be rescued.

If they did survie the winter I woder if they would stay there or move if they found a cavity.

Just remember that us ladies are ’all seeing and all knowing’! Sooner or later your stash will be discovered ;)
Damn!! I didn't know that, I'll have to tell the bees to be quite and not tell where they have come from.

We love them really.
I find if I endlessly talk about bees she thinks about other things - even though she's a keen beekeeper too 😏

Latest posts

Back