Sugar 2kg - £1.59

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To save others going through the prices as well. The Tesco 63p offer is long gone but I did have 40Kg off them.

Current status as at (14-09)
Asda 79.5 (as 2kg)
Tesco 80.0 (as 2Kg)
Booker 84.0 (as 25Kg)
Sainsbury 102.0 (as 1Kg)
Morri - remain unconvinced computers and on-line shopping will catch on

Conclusion: petrol choice between A & T

well blow me down, us posh folk what visit Waitrose occasionally (never mind eye contact, you get an Indian head massage while perusing the Baby Pak Choi) can get it for £1.43 for 2Kg (thats 71.5p/Kg for the hard of calculating), 35 bags for free delivery if in your area:sifone:

the only useful kitchen gadget lakeland don't do is an instant electric honey maker - sugar in top, jar of honey out bottom.

come to think of it - evan davis was asking for applicants for DD next year.

the only useful kitchen gadget lakeland don't do is an instant electric honey maker - sugar in top, jar of honey out bottom.

come to think of it - evan davis was asking for applicants for DD next year.

:iagree:

Been sniffing the formaldehyde or carbon tetrachloride again?

ok - i admit it needs a bit of work - when i say sugar i mean glucose and fructose. would then just need addition of the magic sachet/pod for honey of your choice - light, med, dark, acacia, heather etc.

name - melissimo?

perhaps george clooney could do the ads? or am i getting ahead of myself?

Better idea than my previous? - a chain of Sikh hairdressers/barbers! driving through ethnically diverse areas you see plenty of afro-caribbean salons but none for Sikhs - gap in the market i thought!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm expecting too much?

I think it would get to me if I had to sit scanning all day with a CCTV camera looking at my till and making sure I was working hard and all for a minimum wage... with the fear of instant dismissal without any redress as I am only employed part time on a three month rolling contract with little employees rights and have been told by my employers that if I join a Trade Union I will be dismissed immediately...... or was that the Tollpuddle Martyrs?

I have worked in equally, if not more, draconian environments (written warning for being 1 minute late etc) and still managed to retain some degree of humanity. How hard is it to say "hello"?????

what is worse is that they all have to say "do you need help with your packing" despite the fact you were capable of lugging the basket around the store in the first place.

a while back i estimated based on duration of the question and tesco published customer numbers/visits that they actually waste several complete customer years per annum by doing this.

likewise - ocado - assuming middle class mums use their child benefit for the shop then that represents about 1/3 of turnover.

I have worked in equally, if not more, draconian environments (written warning for being 1 minute late etc) and still managed to retain some degree of humanity. How hard is it to say "hello"?????

Ask a manic depressive or bipolar?
Bet those poor guys imprisoned by a bunch of pykees in an old caravan for years of enforced slavery would love to have that TillTrollops job!

Ask a manic depressive or bipolar?
Bet those poor guys imprisoned by a bunch of pykees in an old caravan for years of enforced slavery would love to have that TillTrollops job!

Touche!

Actually, I work with a fair few bipolar people and schizophrenics. They are all great people - really polite and friendly. The sad thing is that they would love to be given the opportunity to do a job like that but are rarely given the chance.
It's for this reason that I find it hard not to be critical of the "I hate my job" people.

On the subject of automated tills I had a rant at one in Tescos the other day becasue it took my money, but didn't say thank you. Pre-progammed rudeness I told their customer service (and that's a joke as well).

Latest posts

Back