cheapest I can see online is £1.59 for 2 kgs

drstitson 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
Number of Hives
:iagree:

£1.59 at Tesco for last week and a half or so.

However with that you do get the soothing information that you are buying at the new LOWER price and in fact saving 30p versus a fictional price previously charged in most Tesco stores.

Bob Bee 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
20 plus a few 14x 12s, nukes and apidea
:iagree:

£1.59 at Tesco for last week and a half or so.

However with that you do get the soothing information that you are buying at the new LOWER price and in fact saving 30p versus a fictional price previously charged in most Tesco stores.
I paid 1.29 for 2 kilos in Tesco 27th August now at the new lower price of 1.59 :rolleyes:

drstitson 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
Number of Hives
The managers don't give a s**t since it is the central computer that tells them so it must be right.

It'll be a shame when Morrisons finally enters the 21st century and managers loose their independence.

(did you know Morrisons only stopped paying it's bills by cheque in 2000 and until recently still had a local, paper based ordering system).

greatbritishhoney 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Ahh, you've got love Morrisons - one of the few places you can still have an entire transaction with no eye contact or words.

drstitson 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
Number of Hives
and the one of the few places (along with the WRVS or Lakeland) where employees MUST be post-menopausal ladies, preferably wearing soft-collars or neoprene wrist splints.

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
They are also very British, no foreign stores, they own farms and food processing facilities too.

susbees 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
35ish
Ahh, you've got love Morrisons - one of the few places you can still have an entire transaction with no eye contact or words.
That's cos you live somewhere funny gbh. In Morrisons in Newtown and Welshpool the staff are perfectly friendly. In fact all the supermarkets round here the staff are fine and that includes Shrewsbury. As are your neighbours in the queue often as well.

dpearce4 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
round here u get that at tesco, sainsburys, b and q at certain times of the day, you can only use the self serve tills they have 0 staff so u get to chat to no one as there isnt anyone.

:beatdeadhorse5:

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
and the one of the few places (along with the WRVS or Lakeland) where employees MUST be post-menopausal ladies, preferably wearing soft-collars or neoprene wrist splints.
Oy! be very careful - I may wear a wrist cast one day- lay you out flat if am annoyed...:toetap05:

Rosti 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
To save others going through the prices as well. The Tesco 63p offer is long gone but I did have 40Kg off them.

Current status as at (14-09)
Asda 79.5 (as 2kg)
Tesco 80.0 (as 2Kg)
Booker 84.0 (as 25Kg)
Sainsbury 102.0 (as 1Kg)
Morri - remain unconvinced computers and on-line shopping will catch on

Conclusion: petrol choice between A & T

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hey susbees I see you are not far away. I haven't managed to get any broken sugar bags from the stores you mentioned, (inc Ludlow or Llandod) Have you had any luck?
E

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Miriads
To save others going through the prices as well. The Tesco 63p offer is long gone but I did have 40Kg off them.

Current status as at (14-09)
Asda 79.5 (as 2kg)
Tesco 80.0 (as 2Kg)
Booker 84.0 (as 25Kg)
Sainsbury 102.0 (as 1Kg)
Morri - remain unconvinced computers and on-line shopping will catch on

Conclusion: petrol choice between A & T
What happened to Waitrose and M&S and the Co~op

Lidl in Tavistock was 82 for 1 kg cane sugar on Saturday

I have given up on asking for donations of broken bags of sugar for our Community Orchard bees ( Set up with charitable funding & organised by Tamar Grow Local.Org)

:toetap05:Not a lot of charity about... feeling the pinch with the economy going down the pan ( Organised by ConDem party) or is it that just saying no and turning your back is an easy option?:rant:

Last edited:

greatbritishhoney 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
That's cos you live somewhere funny gbh. In Morrisons in Newtown and Welshpool the staff are perfectly friendly. In fact all the supermarkets round here the staff are fine and that includes Shrewsbury. As are your neighbours in the queue often as well.
It's Morrisons in Welshpool that I'm talking about!!
OK, so maybe I'm being a little harsh - it was one incident that went something like this...
I said hello.
No response or eye contact.
Goods scanned.
Staff member doesn't even say how much it comes to, just holds out hand waiting for money. Doesn't say thankyou.
I say thanks and goodbye.
No response or eye contact.
I walk off chuntering to myself.

Maybe I'm expecting too much?:D

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Miriads
Maybe I'm expecting too much?

I think it would get to me if I had to sit scanning all day with a CCTV camera looking at my till and making sure I was working hard and all for a minimum wage... with the fear of instant dismissal without any redress as I am only employed part time on a three month rolling contract with little employees rights and have been told by my employers that if I join a Trade Union I will be dismissed immediately...... or was that the Tollpuddle Martyrs?

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Sorry....back to Morrisons
I can't get out without a life history, precis of the days local news or weather report when I do my shopping. Our Morrisons is fab but they wouldn't give me any sugar.
Lakeland is full of wonderful stuff you don't need and ladies on holiday being meekly followed by bored husbands.
My OH refuses to go in !!

Latest posts