Sublimox o ring size

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28mm ID 3mm diam tube.
They can seem loose when sublimox is cold but as everything expands with heat they seal up nicely

I dont use them, so much easier without and you lose so little vapour once they warm up.

28mm ID 3mm diam tube.
They can seem loose when sublimox is cold but as everything expands with heat they seal up nicely

VITON FKM METRIC RUBBER O RING SEAL FUEL OIL PETROL CHEMICAL RESISTANT 200C MAX... £3.10 on fleabuy....

Use VITON as vulcanised seals will melt!!

Chons da

200c max....sublimox heats to 230c.
I'll post details later when i get this evening of some spares I bought that work well, about a quid each.

200c max....sublimox heats to 230c.
I'll post details later when i get this evening of some spares I bought that work well, about a quid each.
:thanks::thanks:
Would be useful.

Viton say this..

.Viton™ has delivered sealing at high temperatures in aggressive fluids for jet engines, thereby ensuring reliability, and can serve continuously at 204°C even after excursions to 315°C.

PTFE would go hotter... but probably not flexible???

Search fleabay for silicone O ring 28mm x 3mm (that is 28mm internal diameter and 3mm cross section-diameter). These are heat resistant.

You can get 10 for £3.12 including postage....but from china. In red or black.

Abelo? I look at the real cost of the item, not just the listed price, like some do (including you?).

Abelo? I look at the real cost of the item, not just the listed price, like some do (including you?).

It's actually a pack of two so if you include the shipping which brigs it to £8.20 its £4.10 an o-ring which either way is still expensive.

Made my own sublimox gadget and use these rings order the correct size for yours £3.80 for ten.

Made my own sublimox gadget and use these rings order the correct size for yours £3.80 for ten.

If you fancy going into production I could do with a spare for when the inevitable happens in the middle of a vaping session.

Only ever made two one for myself and one for Hivemaker.Pete encouraged me to have a stab at making one and helped with all measurements and even took the thing apart at one stage and spent time taking temperature measurements.The part that took the longest was getting the temperature correct because I was told 125c was as high as the bowl should be but there was no way it could work at that temperature.A cheap digital thermometer used by Pete proved it was well into the 200c.Can't remember exactly but no more than £40 in parts.

Latest posts

Back