Sublimation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always thought this is one of the great untold secrets of pan and 12v sublimation...you have to make your own :).
No plans available.

Thanks for the answers folks, I don't normally leave a super of honey on but this is my favourite hive and they deserve a treat! Aaahhhh!
Actually it isn't totally full and it isn't all capped yet, but they are still bringing in balsam and ivy so I have left if for them to use/carry on filling if necessary. Had quite a good year honey wise so no complaints. Looks like I might be eating it in the spring with a slight addition of a little acid for extra taste!
E

I've always thought this is one of the great untold secrets of pan and 12v sublimation...you have to make your own :).
No plans available.

There's plenty of discussion and photos of home made devices in this forum. Why would you need a set of plans?

The main difference is the length of the day. In Shropshire the hills meant that the day was very short, here it is flat so they fly from sunrise to sunset. I am also on the outskirts of a village here so I get the benefit of garden flowers. In Shropshire it was mainly tree honey, here it is mainly flower honey. Much lighter in colour, the lack of lime means it is more viscous but hasn't set yet. It is a sweeter honey, drawbacks are bad mite drop and bad wax moth!
Thanks for asking! :)

Latest posts

Back