Evicting Bees from inside the wall of my house?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect, I can live with that.

I just went out my front door and heard a Bee making a hell of a noise as it was caught in a web being attacked by a False Widow spider (loads around the outside of my house), so I got the Bee out of the web and spent a bit of time gently getting all the spider web off of it but sadly a few minutes later it died, the spider must have already bit it.

I've now cleared all the spider webs away and treated the area with some natural spider repellent, same stuff I put around my doors and windows to keep those False Widows out.

If you've found a spider repellent that actually works please share the details. I have to get the extending brush out to my cctv cameras every three or four days as the web's obstruct the view when the IR illuminator kicks in.

If you've found a spider repellent that actually works please share the details. I have to get the extending brush out to my cctv cameras every three or four days as the web's obstruct the view when the IR illuminator kicks in.

I can't post links as I'm a new member but I get this stuff off Amazon. My house used to be full of False Widows so once I'd been round and manually collected them all up (took weeks as they only come out at night and they are very clever, they run and hide as soon as they see you) I then opened all my doors and windows and sprayed this stuff around inside the frames as well as any other potential entry points and that's it. It lasts about 6 months and acts as an invisible barrier that spiders do not like to cross, so they cannot get in your house. It won't kill the spiders or make any existing spiders leave, which is why you have to manually get rid of them first.

This hasn't affected the Bees at all even though my front door frame is treated with it
47934185418_3ff4b403ee_b.jpg

These are the sort of things I had wandering about my house before I used that spray:

False Widow (I had to take this with a 200mm telephoto lens as he would run and hide whenever I entered the room)
47934248791_40b0d4f685_b.jpg

Decent sized 'Normal' Spider
47934250621_022bd33a9a_b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back