Sublimation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

I am sure these questions have been answered, but cannot see a sticky, and all I have with me is a smartphone and a very slow internet connection. Patience appreciated!

Due to the poor weather conditions, I think I am going to be moving from thymol and forced kicking and screaming down the sublimation route.

I am going to have to get over the technical difficulties of power sources and crossing waterlogged fields and power sources (I do not like churning up other peoples fields)

Big T's sell two types. Do you really get what you pay for? Recommendations would be good and they have a lot to do.

How many amps do they take? As I cannot drive up to many of the hives, I need to think portable so depending on the power requirements, may buy smaller more portable batteries.

Does the sublimation/oxalic melt poly (not the heat). I have always been wary when trickling.

Presume sublimation is done later in the year to avoid destroying the valuable brood for the winter bees.

Thanks in advance
Pete

Moved to tje main section (where I thought I had put it!)

Latest posts

Back