sublimation kit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
I am planning on doing some sublimation at the weekend, and am looking at masks.

I plan to buy one from screwfix, and am trying to translate this:
FFP3 S/L rated

any idea what S/L means?

Any recommendations? (too much choice!)

I presume the goggles are to protect from the fumes

I am planning on doing some sublimation at the weekend, and am looking at masks.

I plan to buy one from screwfix, and am trying to translate this:
FFP3 S/L rated

any idea what S/L means?

Any recommendations? (too much choice!)

I presume the goggles are to protect from the fumes
(Solids & Liquids)

Googled it

Is there a need also for eye protection? - many videos show beeks wearing the mask but no goggles/full-face mask.

CVB

Get one that has inbuilt eye protection. Goggles never quite fit over seperate masks, and you absolutely do need eye protection. I used goggles for 2 seasons, have changed to full face, look like something from a nuclear bunker, but have found it so much easier and safer to work with.

I hope you are removing all brood before sublimation.. I usually wait till about 3 weeks no flying (Cold) to minimise brood possibility. Think December may give more opportunities. Def wear mask as the fumes can be v nasty to humans, especially if problem respiratory history.

I don't find goggles necessary, I simply stand away from the hive and I'm mindful of any wind direction but find very little vapour in the air to worry about.

I don't find goggles necessary

With the damage that can be done to the mucous membranes of the eyes I find them very necessary, mainly because of the type of pressurized vaporizers being used, don't think there would be much problem with the passive type vaporizers.

Varox/Varomor/Sublimox whichever we use... wear a well fitting respirator and goggles... and old thick leather beekeeping gloves... most of us have some we no longer use for beekeeping.

Yeghes da

Varox/Varomor/Sublimox whichever we use... wear a well fitting respirator and goggles... and old thick leather beekeeping gloves... most of us have some we no longer use for beekeeping.

Yeghes da

Yes....I finally have a use for those leather gloves that came free with my first hive
Don't want burnt fingers.

Latest posts

Back