Stick your tongue out and say 'ahh'

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 colonies now! and some spare parts.
Yesterday I had the bee inspector round looking in my hive, it was planned for her to come as there is some EFB in the area.
What a great lady she is, so kind and positive, I was expecting grief, I was worried that I had made a balls up of the whole beekeeping lark and she would snatch my bees away.

Nothing of the sort happened.

It was a foul day, wet and windy but not too cold and about 4 in the afternoon, she had come miles to see me (and others).

She praised my hive site (in a disused pig sty) for its shelter, she looked through the hive and gave me some top tips, I have got a bit of chalk brood and suggested that I re queen in the spring, No EFB, good.

All in all a positive experience and it has given me confidence in my own skill, well the bees skill really not to die or run off and leave me with a nice smelling wooden box. Thank you girls.

I'm so glad things are well. Our bees are from the bee inspector here so as you can imagine I am dreading him coming to check them when he does. We are fine for nowe, but there will come a day when they are mine to tend and he'll want to see them :willy_nilly:

Hope you were wearing your best/clean undies for the "drs" visit!

I was actually feeling poorly, I have been incubating 'something nasty' for a week, so didnt feel on top form.

But yes I did have clean undies, :reddevil:

My little one came in the room without his underwear and when I asked him where it was he said he didn't know, it just fell off! In all my years I've never heard of anyones undies just falling off!

My little one came in the room without his underwear and when I asked him where it was he said he didn't know, it just fell off! In all my years I've never heard of anyones undies just falling off!

Combine that statement with "Essex girls" and it makes a very rude joke ! :reddevil:

My mum told me never to do handstands in front of the boys because they would look at my knickers but I assured her they wouldnt get the chance because I didnt wear any!

Our school had glass steps but it took us a while to work out why the boys congregated underneath...

lol, still can't believe his undies just fell off........bet Lois can't believe the turn her thread has taken either :p

I read a story about the Inuit people of the north.
A European ship arrived , the girls who thought nothing of Laughing ?( their word for it) with complete strangers .
When the ship left ,one of the girls complained to mum about losing her trousers !!!
"Didn't I warn you to always keep one leg in your trousers ?" was the reply :willy_nilly:.

John Wilkinson

Sorry Victor - must be having a dim moment - eh?

Well done Lois for passing the bee inspector test! :hurray:

Our school had glass steps but it took us a while to work out why the boys congregated underneath...

What price education . . . ? I trust that you were a pupil and not a member of staff.

Apparently it didn't take the boys long to work out the dynamics. Rather sad really . . .

What price education . . . ? I trust that you were a pupil and not a member of staff.

Apparently it didn't take the boys long to work out the dynamics. Rather sad really . . .
I knew a guillotine operator, who would casually place a half sheet of polished aluminium flat on the deck by his machine (his machine was situated close to the entrance where all had to pass). he would then engage any shapely female in conversation whilst ogling her next weeks washing :reddevil:.

This was fine until one rather butch lady spotted what was going on , she fetched him a gut shot ! put his arm up his back, made him apologise in front of the quickly growing crowd of spectators :sport-smiley-002:.
He didn't do it again and she became a legend :D:D

John Wilkinson

I read a story about the Inuit people of the north.
A European ship arrived , the girls who thought nothing of Laughing ?( their word for it) with complete strangers .
When the ship left ,one of the girls complained to mum about losing her trousers !!!
"Didn't I warn you to always keep one leg in your trousers ?" was the reply :willy_nilly:.

John Wilkinson

lmao...good advice me thinks for any parent to pass on.......NOT ;)

Latest posts

Back