Starting a thread.?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
5 - 8
I'd like some opinions please.

When I want to know something about beekeeping, this is my first 'interactive' port of call. (I don't consider my books interactive, and I tend to only see my mentor once a week) Firstly, I'll try a search, and see if I can easily spot what I want to know, and often that produces the results, and I don't need to 'bother anyone' (BTW That's why my post count is so low ;))

HOWEVER, I'm aware that if everybody did this, it would soon become more of a library than a forum.

I'm also aware it's kind of quiet on here sometimes, and it's quite nice to have a discussion that even us newbees can contribute to.

So, my question is, how much looking, and using which tools, is acceptable before asking a question, that may have been discussed previously??

Of course, this may have been discussed before. :reddevil:

When I want to know something about beekeeping, this is my first 'interactive' port of call. (I don't consider my books interactive, and I tend to only see my mentor once a week) Firstly, I'll try a search, and see if I can easily spot what I want to know, and often that produces the results, and I don't need to 'bother anyone' (BTW That's why my post count is so low ;))

HOWEVER, I'm aware that if everybody did this, it would soon become more of a library than a forum.

I'm also aware it's kind of quiet on here sometimes, and it's quite nice to have a discussion that even us newbees can contribute to.

So, my question is, how much looking, and using which tools, is acceptable before asking a question, that may have been discussed previously??

Just ask it- there are enough of us on the forum who don't mind answering the obvious!

Your post count is low because you haven't posted many posts :)
Quiet on here? I think you think you are posting on another forum This forum is never quiet :)
Only you can decide how many and how many times you read FAQs before starting a new thread !!
I've re-read it and still don't quite know exactly ,the point of your question ??
VM

just post up your question

dozens will have been wanting to ask the same question
it will soon drop off the bottom of the forum list once answered

you can always borrow the Forum's tin hat and trippple enforced bee battle suit with stainless steel veil if you are wary of the flack!!

Just ask it- there are enough of us on the forum who don't mind answering the obvious!

:iagree:

BUT, you may get the occasional clip for asking an obvious search item. :)

Nobody should be fretful about asking something and don't apologise :coolgleamA:

Last edited:
Your post count is low because you haven't posted many posts :)
Quiet on here? I think you think you are posting on another forum This forum is never quiet :)
Only you can decide how many and how many times you read FAQs before starting a new thread !!
I've re-read it and still don't quite know exactly ,the point of your question ??
VM

VM... wish I lived closer ... would pop over with the bottle of Balveenie single I have just been given.. tho I perhaps I have had too much anaesthetic of one day!!:coolgleamA::coolgleamA::coolgleamA:

I do a search and if the answer isn't found or doesn't suit my situation or is a cpl yrs old I would tend to post a new thread.

library v forum is a good point - I don't mind seeing a question raised again - you get fresh perspective from new members

As with the others there is no minimum requirement to ask a question its best to ask.

Even the more experienced can benefit from a questions basic and complex :)

Latest posts

Back