Stacking plastic buckets - how high?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sutty

From Glossop, North Derbyshire, UK
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 to 12!
I use 10 litre plastic buckets which end up with 10-14Kg of honey in each.
I'm a bit wary of stacking them too high in case the bottom one can't take the weight, so try to stick to only two high but it takes a lot of floor space.
Has anyone had a problem with stacking higher?

I use 10 litre plastic buckets which end up with 10-14Kg of honey in each.
I'm a bit wary of stacking them too high in case the bottom one can't take the weight, so try to stick to only two high but it takes a lot of floor space.
Has anyone had a problem with stacking higher?
I put old shelves between them to spread the load

The standard 20L Plastic bucket is designed for stacking max three high but I push it to four without issue. The honey crystallises fairly rapidly so gives added stability.

This is the info. sheet for the 10L ones in stock. They suggest on a pallet they can be four high with a weight equivalent to 42kg on the bottom bucket.

Obviously as plastic ages, this may decrease. View attachment 41360
That's very helpful, thank you. I'd had a look for that sort of info unsuccessfully.
I'll probably stick to 3 high unless they aren't properly full 👍

Not come across any problems with the 11 lt tubs (30 lb) from F&H being stored at 5 or 6 high. Still got one stack from 2022 in pallet wrap. Others from this time used without any visible signs of any issues to contents

Latest posts

Back