Spring

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witchcraft

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just watched loads of somebody else's bees on our crocuses (mine are too far away), it really makes one positive to see bees out and about again.

Just watched loads of somebody else's bees on our crocuses (mine are too far away), it really makes one positive to see bees out and about again.

damned things get everywhere!:sunning:

Spotted the first bumble bee of the year in our garden this afternoon - time to put the bumble nesting boxes out!

Trouble with crocus. Once they are pollinated they go over very quickly. Good for bees but ruin the display!
Mine flying well today, could hear them from yards away!

My pond had about 100 frogs in.....talk about an orgy! Their croaking was deafening...the pond has only been there two years.....look out slugs, ha ha. Pity frogs don't eat moles!

The slugs just wreck my croci, up they come, just start to open, then the slugs take them off just below the flower and thats that for another year!:hairpull:

Went to see my bees today, out in force which was nice to see. Sadly some local scumbags had knocked over someone's hives for whatever reason .. gits.

Sorry about that domino.

The pigeons and the green parakeets eat the flowers of the crocuses around mine. They mostly eat the yellow ones.

Yep, the blue crocus are way to go= birds ignore them

First buff tailed Bumble of the year today... encouraging. She loved the crocus.

Trouble with crocus. Once they are pollinated they go over very quickly. Good for bees but ruin the display!
Mine flying well today, could hear them from yards away!

I think this happens to most flowers, :spy: don't tell the gardeners !!!

My pond had about 100 frogs in.....talk about an orgy! Their croaking was deafening...the pond has only been there two years.....look out slugs, ha ha. Pity frogs don't eat moles!

A fox will dig them out

It would if the hunt hadn't got it last week, unlawful.......it seems not round here!

It would if the hunt hadn't got it last week, unlawful.......it seems not round here!
Don't worry there'll be plenty more where that came from
Not unlawful - as long as you only use two dogs
Most of ours are bitches :D

Signs of Spring?

Hazel catkins - tick
Bluebell shoots - tick
Crocus in flower - tick
Forsythia in flower - tick
Wild plum in flower - tick
Frog spawn in pond - tick

Average temperature of 11C? - not a chance! :hairpull::banghead:

Can we have some weather 'smileys' please :)

Signs of Spring?

Hazel catkins - tick
Bluebell shoots - tick
Crocus in flower - tick
Forsythia in flower - tick
Wild plum in flower - tick
Frog spawn in pond - tick

Average temperature of 11C? - not a chance! :hairpull::banghead:

Can we have some weather 'smileys' please :)

You can get something from the pharmacy for all those ticks, you know
:spy:

Latest posts

Back